They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Location PE9 Templates

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Location PE9 Templates

Postby wschumac » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:46 pm

I believe I had seen this previous discussion before of placing PE4 to PE9 DVD templates in a certain location for use in PE10 as additional templates as many of them come and go from version to version.

I took what I had remembered seeing in placed all of my PE9 DVD templates in the location below:

Program Files(x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\DVD Templates\Common

All of the PE10 templates are located there and they work fine. After loading PE10, I copied all of the templates (SD and HD), from version 9 along with the few from MUVIPIX and placed them in separate folders also in the above set of folders. See the attachment to see how I did it. ::C ::C

As I "edit" a project, I cannot use them as they are not being seen by PE10. Can you help me as to what I am doing incorrectly? I appreciate it.

Walt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wschumac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Location PE9 Templates

Postby RJ Johnston » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:11 am

Hello,

If you did what I think, you can't do that.

You can't have two levels of folders inside the "SD Adobe Ver9 Templates" folder before you get to the actual files that make up a particular template. So if you have a "Entertainment" folder that you copied from version 9 into the "SD Adobe Ver9 Templates" folder, that won't work. You have to copy the folders inside the "Entertainment," "Travel," "Wedding," etc. folders and paste them into the "SD Adobe Ver9 Templates" folder. The other alternative is to get rid of the "SD Adobe Ver9 Templates" folder, then have separate folders inside of the "Common" folder named Entertainment_Ver9, Wedding_Ver9, Travel_Ver9, etc.. You then copy the folders inside of the respective ver9 folders into those.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Location PE9 Templates

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:44 am

There is also a tutorial that might help, an old version and a newer version
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 10