They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Media Used indicator not working

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Media Used indicator not working

Postby zenhog » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:04 pm

When I opened my project today (I didn't change anything in terms of locations of the clips or pics) my indicator for which media is used on the timeline were not showing. Not in either format - the list view or the tiles view. How can I get the application to update those, and what would cause it to forget where media was used?

Thanks,

Craig
zenhog
New User
New User

Re: Media Used indicator not working

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Are you talking about the green checkmarks?

Is the Used column showing in your Media panel when you're in List View?

What operating system are you using? And are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit version?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby zenhog » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 pm

Using XP Pro sp3. (32 bit). Yes, it's the green check in the list view. The tiles view uses a little green ball and that's not showing either. They were working when I last had the project open - and when I had it open last I burned a DVD of the movie at the stage it was in. Now today I open the project and the indicators aren't on. It will correctly update the indicator for a pic if I insert it into the timeline tonight. Ahhh... I bet I know what happened. This .prel file was in the 8.0 folder and after getting advice on another topic on this site I created a folder for the project in the 10.0 folder and moved the .prel file into that folder. Could that have caused the change? (I'm betting so). If so, should I go back to the 8.0 folder where the project used to live and move something over into the new folder it lives in now? Thanks,
Craig
zenhog
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Are you saying the project was created in a version of the program other than version 10?

If so, that could explain it. We always recommend against opening older version projects with a newer version of the program. It almost always leads to weird behavior.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby zenhog » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 pm

no, the project wasn't created in an earlier version. But the project file was housed in the 8.0 folder. And before I opened it I moved the .prel file to the 10.0 folder. I didn't move any of the associated files that were housed in that 8.0 folder though. Could that have caused it to lose track? What is used by the program to track what media is used - is it something that accompanies the .prel file in the folder it's housed in? Thanks!

C
zenhog
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 am

I don't know how that could have affected it, Craig. But I also don't know why you're not seeing the green checks either.

Sorry. It works on all three of my machines.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 10