They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

My Theory Why Software Programs are Hard for Some

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Re: My Theory Why Software Programs are Hard for Some

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Greg mgm wrote:I've downloaded many editing programs and found that PE is the most intuitive for me. That doesn't mean it's intuitive for everyone. I can look at other editing programs and be completely stumped as to how it works....so I know the feeling.

My suggestion is to learn a few basic editing skills and use them repeatedly so you'll remember them. Learn fade in, magnify view, split clip and fade out. I use those a lot. Start a project just for learning so if it get's messed up, no biggie. You can do a lot with just basic editing skills.

BTW, where do you live Softwareguy?

I live in Surrey, BC, Canada. This points out another thing. I see everyone has their info under their names, but I haven't even learned how to navigate this website to be able to do that. ](*,)
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Greg mgm wrote:I've downloaded many editing programs and found that PE is the most intuitive for me. That doesn't mean it's intuitive for everyone. I can look at other editing programs and be completely stumped as to how it works....so I know the feeling.

My suggestion is to learn a few basic editing skills and use them repeatedly so you'll remember them. Learn fade in, magnify view, split clip and fade out. I use those a lot. Start a project just for learning so if it get's messed up, no biggie. You can do a lot with just basic editing skills.

BTW, where do you live Softwareguy?

Because I had trouble navigating this website to display my location, etc. Your question prompted me to scratch around and find out how. So now you can see I live in Surrey, BC
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby Greg mgm » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 am

Ah ha, you're in BC. I was wondering if you were local to me because I was going to offer to help you out with PE.
In the past, I've helped out friends with computer stuff, photo downloading, web surfing, email etc. I was an informal trainer at my old job and really enjoyed the process.
Greg mgm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks for the offer Greg. That's more than a Sunday drive, I reckon. :dr: Not only are you in CA, but out in the sticks too! :yh:
In my youth, my family lived in Santa Monica, then Venice. We then moved up to Scotts Valley near Santa Cruz. I married an American woman and dragged her back to Canada, because that's what I am. It's worked out well. She's still here! :TU:
braindeadsoftwareguy

Previous

Return to PRE Version 10