They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Windows media center. .wtv format

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Windows media center. .wtv format

Postby k2np818 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I am upgrading my computer systems. In the old system i was able to view and copy VHS tapes via my tv card. In windows7 they say it can recordtv but it puts it in .wtv format. Before I upgrade my premiere software I would like to know if premiere can import and read .wtv windows format? Does anyone know? Or can anyone provide some insights.

Thanks. Ken

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
k2np818

Re: Windows media center. .wtv format

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:05 am

If you're planning to edit your video in Premiere Elements, I'd very much recommend AGAINST capturing your VHS through a TV card, K2. They almost always digitize to a troublesome codec that gives Premiere Elements all kinds of heartburn (and often corrupted projects).

My advice: Invest in a Canopus AVDC unit, which captures any video format as DV-AVI, the ideal format for editing in Premiere Elements. (If you can find an ADS Pyro AV Link, they also produce great editable video, although the product itself has been discontinued.)

It will mean an initial investment of about $150. But, believe me, the stress it will save you not having to struggle with those TV card files will make it well worth the money!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to PRE Version 10