They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Tried to do an Instant Movie...Failed

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

Tried to do an Instant Movie...Failed

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:38 am

Ok, so it was recommended that I try an Instant Movie.
I took a small film from my files and chose Kid television. I tried to save it to a computer file, but it seemed to "Render" forever, even when I chose a simple format like Windows Media. Some things popped up on the screen from other program dialogue boxes doing their thing and these images all became part of the video I was rendering?
The time remaining was now at 33 hours. I gave up.

Is it normal for other images on the monitor to imbed into the clip being processed and why was it taking so long even before that happened?

I told you I was an idiot. Can't even do the spoon-fed method. ](*,)
My processor and speeds are minimum, but still...............33 hours?
braindeadsoftwareguy

Re: Tried to do an Instant Movie...Failed

Postby George Tyndall » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:58 am

You need to use the correct "preset" for the format of your clip.

When you open the Welcome screen, click on Change Preset and select the correct one for your clip.*

*I don't use PRE10, but that's what I recall from when I briefly had it installed.
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 am

Can you provide details of your PC system spec and also the video format that you are using?
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:08 am

To further John's question, open a clip of the video you are recording and using for your video source in a program like G Spot.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

It will give you (and us) information about the video's frame rate, dimensions and, above all, its codec.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:39 pm

I know this old computer is not the greatest. It is 2.8GHz and only 1.50 GB Ram.
I could probably slip another Ram card in if that is the main issue. I figured that since I'm not doing HD, that I'd be fine.
I retried with another clip. It is a wmv format as was the first. I called for the same output. On this attempt, it took a good 15 minutes to render and an hour and a half to create. It's original size was about 21.5 MB. The final product was grainy and not as good as the original.

The other point I was asking about, is why screen images appear on the time line?
This time I minimized the PRE 10 screen to check something. When I maximized again, I saw my desktop image in the timeline. What is that all about. I started over on my rendering as I think that image would be part of the movie. Is this common to have desktop images be put in the timeline?
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:20 pm

The other point I was asking about, is why screen images appear on the time line?
This time I minimized the PRE 10 screen to check something. When I maximized again, I saw my desktop image in the timeline. What is that all about. I started over on my rendering as I think that image would be part of the movie. Is this common to have desktop images be put in the timeline?

To answer this particular question, no it's not common, and in fact is the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. When you first mentioned that messages and screen images were showing up in your finished product I was astounded. I have no answer for you on this, but I hope that someone comes up with an explanation. I'm certain that I'm not the only one giving this thought.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:06 pm

The wonderful world of software. I should have stuck with my hands-on hobbies. ::C
Here's a question regarding de-fragging the computer. I am a diligent computer cleaner-upper and thought I'd check that out after my small attempts. What I like about XP is that you get a visual before and after graph of what needs to be done and the finished cleaning.
In this case, I had never seen so much red before! It is cleaning as I speak and I'm on a laptop right now. Can I expect this when making movies and is a defrag part of the routine with editing?
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:07 pm

braindeadsoftwareguy wrote:1. Can I expect this when making movies and
2. is a defrag part of the routine with editing?

Yes and Yes :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:11 pm

If we knew more about your computer, we might find that it's graphic capabilities aren't adequate for video editing.

You can run DXDIAG from Start > Run. When the DirectX dialog appears, click "Save all information." That will save a lot of information about your computer to a text file named DXDIAG.TXT. If you ZIP it up, you can upload it to Muvipix in your gallery and then provide a link to it. (Maybe everyone should do that and put the link in their signature.)
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:18 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:If we knew more about your computer, we might find that it's graphic capabilities aren't adequate for video editing.

You can run DXDIAG from Start > Run. When the DirectX dialog appears, click "Save all information." That will save a lot of information about your computer to a text file named DXDIAG.TXT. If you ZIP it up, you can upload it to Muvipix in your gallery and then provide a link to it. (Maybe everyone should do that and put the link in their signature.)

Ok then. How do I find my gallery?
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:If we knew more about your computer, we might find that it's graphic capabilities aren't adequate for video editing.

One more thing, if my computer isn't good enough, will I get grief from Adobe by re-installing in another unit? The clerk indicated that Adobe was hyper-jealous and protective of their copyrights?
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:38 pm

braindeadsoftwareguy wrote:One more thing, if my computer isn't good enough, will I get grief from Adobe by re-installing in another unit?

You can install the software on up to two computers, that is in the Adobe User Agreement.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:47 pm

I think I found the gallery and tried to upload the ZIP, but got this message: Forbidden file extension
Does that mean two computers simultaneously, or two computers forever? In otherwords can you keep on updating your computers indefinitely or only once? If that is the case, that is unfair.
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby braindeadsoftwareguy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 am

I couldn't upload the zip file, but here's the main info from the DX text:
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/5/2011, 19:29:48
Machine name: YOUR-6PCF80RESA
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
System Model: MS-7046
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1536MB RAM
Page File: 611MB used, 2823MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

If this is poor processing, then I'm outa luck, as we can't justify a new computer at this time.
braindeadsoftwareguy

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:50 am

In PRE10 there's provision, under the Help menu, to deactivate use on a computer. That way you can install on a new computer. You can keep doing that forever.

Did your ZIP file have a .zip file extension?

What about your display device? Please copy and paste from that section in DXDIAG.

Your computer might handle standard definition video, if you don't try multitasking. It appears your CPU doesn't have hyperthreading. If you don't have a decent graphics card, then video editing will really be difficult and frustrating.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to PRE Version 10