They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PE 10 DVD Templates

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 10.

PE 10 DVD Templates

Postby Deuce3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 am

I just started using Premiere Elements 10 and found this site earlier this week. I will order one of the Guides soon, however, I do have several questions concerning DVD templates. Almost all of the Adobe DVD templates were installed in my Program Files (86) instead of my Program files. Since I use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, I did not know why they were installed in the 32-bit file folder instead of the 64-bit file folder. I noticed in Steve's video that his DVD templates for PE10 were in the 64-bit files. Can or should they be moved? Would the video performance be improved when performing edits? I did use Steve's tips for improved performance located in Resources.

Also, I will ask a more detailed question later depending on the reply but can I modify or use my own pics for artwork in a DVD template PSD file in Photoshop 10? I tried without any success so far, however, I have created quite a few Clip Art png files in Photoshop 10 and use them in PE 10. Thanks.

Windows 7 Pro, intel i7CPU, 970@3.2 GHz, 12 GB memory, 6 core, BD writer.
Deuce3
New User
New User

Re: PE 10 DVD Templates

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:57 am

Welcome to Muvipix, Deuce!

Yes, it is possible to modify the DVD templates, and I show you how to do this in our combined Photoshop Elements/Premiere Elements book. But you may not need to go to that extreme if you're just trying to use a custom photo as a menu background.

The easiest way to do this is to apply the template to your project, click on the background in the Disc Layout window and then click on the option to Browse to a new background image or video. We show you how to do this in both books, by the way.

As for where your files are located on Windows 7 64-bit, I wouldn't recommend moving files around. It won't improve your performance and you may just end up screwing up the program. So just trust the installation files to load things where they need to be.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:58 am

The DVD Templates, Movie Themes and a few other folders get installed to the Program Files X86 folder, don't know why.

You can use your own images in some DVD Templates.

Have you checked out the free basic training and other tutorials?

Welcome to Muvipix Duece :meet:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Deuce3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks Chuck and Steve. Amazing quick reply! I will leave the Program files alone since there is no good reason to move them.

Actually I have changed several DVD templates by using my pics or my videos under the "Browse" option. I just read an article by Chuck with very detailed info on PRE 2.0 DVD templates guide. When I asked about modifying DVD Templates, I was referring to Ulead Photoimpact Images files like "de_DE_kidsparty_pal_s_pvr_mm". I guess there is no easy way to do this.

By using "Browse" my pics or videos always have a black line on the top/bottom and sometimes left/right in the Menu. Are my Project setting wrong? The confusing part is that my actual project video is always full screen in my produced BD video but the Menu pic or video has the black lines. Does your guide show how to eliminate or stretch?
Deuce3
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:11 pm

Most likely those lines indicate that there's a mismatch in your project settings or that the image you're using isn't 640x480 (for 4:3) or 855x480 (for 16:9).
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:55 pm

Steve is correct. Those lines are there because the image does not match the project frame aspect ratio. When you add the image to the menu, it will be scaled to fit. That is, it will be scaled to the largest size that will fit completely within the frame. No provision is made to manually scale the image. If the aspect ratios don't match, the image will not fill the entire frame and there will be lines on two of the sides. For a still photo, you may crop the image to the dimensions Steve mentioned for a standard definition project or 1920x1080 for a high definition project. It doesn't hurt if the image is larger as long as the ratio of the sides is correct. As always, crop a copy -- you don't want to modify your originals.
Bob

Return to PRE Version 10