They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Credit Roll with Studio 14 Platinum

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Credit Roll with Studio 14 Platinum

Postby artheim » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:49 pm

I have been trying to get a Credit Roll working but am having trouble. I would like to have it scroll from the bottom to about 1/3 of the screen, fade out at that point while the rest of the title text scrolls, and then for around 20 seconds on the timeline. I am unable to get it to start at the bottom, (have selected bottom center as the Anchor Point in Location) but it seems to start the scroll at the middle of the screen. I also have not found how to set the title length or adding the keyframe controller points. I have the Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 book, but the descriptions on pgs 160-167 do not seem to match the version 14 that I am trying to use. Do you have an example/tutorial/class that would cover this in more detail, or identify where the differences are with Platinum 14 compared with the version 13 book? Thanks..
Art
artheim
New User
New User

Re: Credit Roll with Studio 14 Platinum

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:08 pm

That's a pretty customized title effect, artheim. So you won't find it in the book.

It's likely possible, using several layers of media generators and some custom opacity animation. How much time and effort are you willing to put into it and how comfortable are you in the ways of keyframing video envelopes and layering media generators on top of media generators?

What one aspect of the effect are you most interested in? Fading out the scroll 1/3 of the way up the screen? Extending the length of the scroll?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby artheim » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:40 pm

I am willing to try for awhile, but need some suggestions as to which media generators and custom opacity animation is needed. The timed length would be 1st priority with the fading of the roll around 1/3 to 1/2 of the panel up from the bottom the 2nd priority. The credit list is fairly lengthy, and is more than would fit on a single screen at a time. If it will be quite difficult to get it to fade out before it rolls off the top of the screen, using different colors and opacity might be an option to make it workable/usable. Thanks for your help. Let me know how to approach the problem.
Art
artheim
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:24 am

Here are the basics. Doing it any more detailed may be too much for a forum post.
1) Place a rolling credit media generator on one video track. Fill in the credits you want to see up until the fade out.
2) Enable a video envelope for that track. Keyframe the fade out at the point you'd like it to appear.
3) Place another rolling credit media generator on the video track above this track. Place it so that it begins right after your fade out.
4) Fill in the rest of the credits on this template.
5) Customize the duration of this second media generator as needed.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby artheim » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks very much, I think I understand so far. I will work on it over the next couple of days and if I need more help, I will get back to you. I am not sure I understand about the video envelope tho, does that need to enclose the complete credit area for where both rolling credit media generators will go, or just the duration of the first one?
artheim
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am

An envelope, by its nature, covers an entire video or audio track. But you'll just need to keyframe its video level (opacity) for the media generator event you want to fade out.

In the Sony Movie Studio 13 book, you'll find a discussion of how to use and keyframe video envelopes beginning on page 229.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby artheim » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 am

okay, thanks Steve. I really appreciate your help.
artheim
New User
New User

Return to Vegas