They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Clip Movment

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Clip Movment

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:40 am

In Vegas 14. If I highlight a clip or several clips and I try to move one clip or the several clips (with my mouse) all my tracks move and I can't find out why this is happening. Think maybe I have something checked, but I can't find out what's going on. I sure appreciate all the help. Thanks.
Richardmotsch

Re: Clip Movment

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:15 am

How clips (events) move on your timeline is determined by your Auto Ripple setting.

This subscriber tutorial explains the process. It's also covered in depth in our book.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

Turn off Auto Ripple and you'll be able to move the events independently.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:18 am

I checked and Auto Ripple is turned off and all my tracks still move, when I move part of a track. I did notice that under Auto Ripple there is a choice of effected tracks that is grayed out and has a circle in the small box in front of the effected tracks. Again it is grayed out. I surely appreciate all the help.
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:35 am

I don't know why that would be, Richard.

If Auto Ripple is on, moving one event moves the others in relation to it. (There are options for whether this only happens on one track or all.)

But if Auto Ripple is off, the events move independently.

Can you post a screen capture of your timeline so we can see what you're seeing?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:How clips (events) move on your timeline is determined by your Auto Ripple setting.

This subscriber tutorial explains the process. It's also covered in depth in our book.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0

Turn off Auto Ripple and you'll be able to move the events independently.

Steve, I just ordered your Vegas 14 book from Amazon. Is there anyway you can help me in the meantime? I also, have your Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 book. Can you tell me if there is a process in that book and what pages it's on. I really need to work on this project and get it done. Like I said before, I don't have Auto Ripple on. I also, opened Sony Movie Studio 13 with a file and everything is working fine. So it isn't my mouse or computer.
Richardmotsch

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:I don't know why that would be, Richard.

If Auto Ripple is on, moving one event moves the others in relation to it. (There are options for whether this only happens on one track or all.)

But if Auto Ripple is off, the events move independently.

Can you post a screen capture of your timeline so we can see what you're seeing?
I am not sure what you mean by a screen capture and how I do it. I really don't know how I fixed it, but its fixed. Everything is great.
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:52 pm

If you are on a Windows computer, just press the Print Scrn key to take a picture of your computer screen. Paste this picture into a program like Photoshop Elements or whatever graphics program you're using and save it as a JPEG. Then attach that JPEG to your response on this forum.

I'm glad to help you, but I will need to see what's up in order to do so.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:28 am

Strange indeed. You might try to reset your software to default settings. Before that check though that you have not somehow grouped your events as they'd move together if you don't have Ignore event grouping selected.
vkmast

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:08 am

Grouping is an excellent possibility, vk! If Richard had selected several events and pressed the G on his keyboard, it would have triggered a grouping.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Audio Problem

Postby Richardmotsch » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:34 am

I have Vegas 14 and I have put my original camera audio in a envelope and brought the audio level as far down as possible. But I still get what I call bleed over (where I can hear some original audio in the background. I would like to delete sections of some of the original audio, but the Vegas 14 don't seam to let me. When I highlight parts of the original audio track the hole track highlights in blue. Even if I only highlight one small section. If I push the delete button the whole track deletes. I sure appreciate all the help. I can't seem to wait on my Vegas 14 book from Amazon.com. That was ordered yesterday. Is there anyone that can help me with this answerer?
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Have you switched to the Selection Tool?

Once again, if you can post a screen capture of your timeline so we can see what's going on, we may be better able to help.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas