They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Wrong Format

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Wrong Format

Postby Richardmotsch » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:34 pm

When I start my DVD Editing in Sony Movie Platinum Studio. Then click on New Project, DVD Widescreen. Put the file name in the box and click ok. The DVD looks really good thought out the whole editing process. Then when I am done editing and click on make movie and click on DVD with Menus, next click on save project markers in media file. Also, click on use widescreen DVD format.

When the file goes the DVD Architech Studio the 16x9 format is really stretched on my computer monitor and I don't know how to fix it. It is also, stretched when I play it on my 16x9 TV. The TV format is ok on all TV shows.

By the way I didn't use to have this problem. everything in the format 16x9 was just great. Lately I can't find out what is wrong with my edited and burnt DVD's

I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Rich Motsch
Richardmotsch

Re: Wrong Format

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:55 pm

I always recommend setting your project settings (your Video Project Preferences) based on the specs of the video you're editing, not on the end media you plan to create.

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? If it is AVCHD, you should set your Video Project Preferences up for 1920x1080i. If you don't don't the specs of your video, you can select the option to Match Settings to your media.

Doing that will likely resolve your issue. And, fortunately, with Movie Studio, you can change your Video Project Settings at any time. Just click the button on the Preview panel.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Vegas 14 (Chapters)

Postby Richardmotsch » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:26 pm

I am using Vegas 14 and I can't figure out how to get my Scene/chapter markers to move to DVD Architect 6. After I render my project.

thanks for your help,

Rich Motsch
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:20 pm

Did you select the output option to include the scene markers (under Render Options on the Render As screen)?

In DVD Architect, did you select the option to import the scene markers with the file?

Our subscribers can access our tutorial "Render for DVD Architect" that shows you how to select this option.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

16x9 TV Screen

Postby Richardmotsch » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Hello everyone,

I have ask this question before, but I am still getting a stretched picture on my 16X9 TV. The top and bottom 2.5 inches of my TV screen doesn't have a picture. I have a Sony FDR AX 33 Camera. I have tried everything, but I can't get the picture to fill out my 16X9 screen at the top and bottom, by 2.5 inches. The guy at Best Buy told my that is normal. Is tis normal for this Sony FDR AX33 camera? I also, use Sony Studio Platinum 13 to do my editing.

Another question. I am rather new to using the Sony FDR AX-33 camera. What is the best File Format to use in that camera? I have made test videos in all 3 different formats, but really can't see any difference. I have compared the GB size in the different formats but they are all 1.5GB @ 1/2 hour of recording, after I put my rendered file over in DVD architect. What size format do you recommend for the best quality. Also, does the 1.5 GB @ 1/2 hour of recording seem right with your experience? I really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Rich Motsch
Richardmotsch

Re: 16x9 TV Screen

Postby Peru » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Richardmotsch wrote:Hello everyone,

I have ask this question before, but I am still getting a stretched picture on my 16X9 TV. The top and bottom 2.5 inches of my TV screen doesn't have a picture. I have a Sony FDR AX 33 Camera. I have tried everything, but I can't get the picture to fill out my 16X9 screen at the top and bottom, by 2.5 inches.

Does it look OK on the computer?
Peru

Re: 16x9 TV Screen

Postby Richardmotsch » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:23 pm

Peru wrote:
Richardmotsch wrote:Hello everyone,

I have ask this question before, but I am still getting a stretched picture on my 16X9 TV. The top and bottom 2.5 inches of my TV screen doesn't have a picture. I have a Sony FDR AX 33 Camera. I have tried everything, but I can't get the picture to fill out my 16X9 screen at the top and bottom, by 2.5 inches.

Does it look OK on the computer?
On it is stretched.
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:03 pm

Per my first post, what are your Video Project Properties?

This is a 4K camcorder. Are you shooting in 3840x2160 XAVC and are your Video Project Properties set to match these specs?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas