They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PIP effect, aspect problem in Movie Studio 13

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

PIP effect, aspect problem in Movie Studio 13

Postby DanMagoo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm using Movie Studio 13 (basic) and I want to add a Picture-in-Picture effect, to create the kind of look in a newscast, where there's an image next to the announcer, sort of over his shoulder. To fit the space, the overlay image needs to be a 4:3 aspect, although the basic footage with the announcer is widescreeen, 16:9. I saw Steve's excellent tutorial on how to use Crop/Pan to create a picture-in-picture effect in Movie Studio, but here's the problem: When the overlay is 4:3, and I try to slide it over toward the edge of the 16:9 track, the edge of the overlay starts to disappear -- even when it's shrunk, I can't get it to slide outside the boundaries of the 4:3 shape in the middle of the screen, I hope I described that OK -- if you give it a try, you'll see what I mean. This is no prob in PowerDirector, but I want to use Movie Studio for this. Any ideas for a workaround, please?
DanMagoo
New User
New User

Re: PIP effect, aspect problem in Movie Studio 13

Postby vkmast » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:07 am

Dan, viewtopic.php?f=93&t=15144
"Try to right click on the image in the Pan Crop window, and select "match output aspect" from the menu. See if it helps."
vkmast

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:50 am

Also, if you're cropping the Picture-in-Picture in addition to overlaying it on other footage, you'll need to change the Aspect Ratio as well as the position and scale on Track Motion.

We have a tutorial on combining these properties to shape and position PiPs available to our subscribers.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby DanMagoo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:42 am

vkmast, that worked perfectly! :TU: Thanks very much. And Steve, thanks for your tip also -- I'm glad to have discovered and joined this great forum.
DanMagoo
New User
New User

Return to Vegas