They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Swap audio channel test file

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Swap audio channel test file

Postby AVITRY » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Because the swap audio channel is such an important part of what I do, I wanted to locate a good test clip to run the swap channel effect in Movie Studio Platinum 13.

What I did was put this file on the timeline, then click on the left side to duplicate track. Then I highlight the newly duplicated track, right clicked, selected "channels" and "swap channel".

It worked just fine ... however ... and I thought interestingly, you can't right click the track again and deselect the swap channel effect. Well , you can, but it won't swap the channels back.

I had to delete the second duplicated channel if I wanted to return to stereo.

I'd be interested to see if anyone cares to try this on their computer with the sony movie studio plat. 13 and ... if it works fine for you, could you post the build number of your software.

I'll attach the clip for a download to try ...

Well, I did more experimenting. A few things I thought interesting was there is no audio effect called swap channel in the audioFX choices ... only accessible when you right click on the audio track and select "channels". No biggie ... just very strange.

More importantly ... the choices that come up (swap channel among them) is not a toggle type choice. Which, once again, I assumed. Rather, it is a list choice that you must pick one of. In other words, you can't toggle off swap channel, you have to slide your choice up to "BOTH" option, and then the playback reverts to individual channels as original.

Just odd ways of doing things I guess, but I am liking this program.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Swap audio channel test file

Postby Kent Frost » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:29 am

As powerful as some of the audio editing features are in Vegas, I still use Sound Forge. In fact, there's a way you can program your default audio editor for Vegas to be Sound Forge. Then, when you right click the audio track in your timeline from within Vegas, you'll see an option that allows you to open a copy of it in Sound Forge for editing. Once you're done editing and close SF, it'll open up the edited audio automatically into the timeline in Vegas.
Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-Bit Win7. Camera gear: 2x Canon 550D's, 1x Canon EOS 6D body, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 & 17-50mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 & 24-70mm f/2.8L, and two 420EX flashes.
Kent Frost

Postby AVITRY » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 am

Thanks, I'm going to look more into Sound Forge. Doing a quick search I found a free version available. Is this what you think would be good enough or are there limitations to the free version that would cripple the final clip?

The paid version isn't really that expensive either, so I'll find out more.

I really liked that titler in newblue ... but .... wow, that thing is expensive. Can't go for that ... :no:
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby vkmast » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:33 pm

A free version of Sound Forge Audio Studio or Pro? Now that's interesting if it's other than a time-limited trial.
vkmast

Postby AVITRY » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:42 pm

Yep ... once again partial brain cell deterioration and major information overload is taking it's toll on me. I sure did see the free full download listed in my search for the program, but ... as it turns out, it seems it's a ton of people posting how to get around registering the program and rather, obtaining a fake serial number. I'm not interested in that.

I might be in for a scheme that will net me a million dollars if it's fool proof, but fifty bucks? LOL, no thanks.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Vegas