They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Question about pan and crop in preview screen

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Question about pan and crop in preview screen

Postby Mel717 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:04 pm

I've hit another obstacle. Wondering what could be the issue after many web searches. I'm bringing in a few graphics and wanting them to enlarge slowly, or come at you. I'm finding that when I play with them in pan and crop, there is only a very small window that they are allowed to fit in, otherwise I lose part of the image... does this make sense? And has anyone else encountered this error? I've played around with most of the options on the pan and crop page and can't figure out why it's only giving me the small central square to work in with these images. Thanks in advance for any and all ideas!

Melissa

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mel717

Re: Question about pan and crop in preview screen

Postby sidd finch » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:07 pm

posting a screen grab always helps. Including project dimensions and image size too.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:59 pm

But do note that both the F box (which defines what will appear in your video frame) and the larger workspace window can be easily adjusted in size -- as can the pan/crop tool window itself.

So, as Sidd says, once we see which you're trying to enlarge, we can show you how to do it!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Mel717 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:46 am

Ok so, I'm trying to bring sections of a document out for a news like story. I'm starting with the images as small as possible and then bring them out and enlarging a few seconds in. The central rectangular area that they are in is all that I'm allowed. If I want to make them any bigger, I'm out of luck. I know it's just a small tweak... I adjusted a setting the other day to allow me to crop and take up the full screen, (for portrait pics I want to make landscape and fit the video) maybe that setting is the culprit here?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mel717

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:07 am

You haven't opened the pan/crop workspace screen. At least not in these screen captures.

You'll create your pans and zooms on the pan/crop panel.

We have a tutorial on using Vegas'/Movie Studio's pan/crop tool available for our subscribers.
http://muvipix.com/products.php?searchp ... =0&btn.y=0
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Mel717 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:14 am

Oops, sorry Steve! Ok, here are some with the pan/crop panel open. The first pic is the full view of enlarged images. The second is what happens if I want to drag the second image lower, I start to loose it immediately. This is quite confining, I know there must just be a setting error, or something right?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mel717

Postby vkmast » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:10 am

Try to right click on the image in the Pan Crop window, and select "match output aspect" from the menu. See if it helps.
vkmast

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:25 am

Also grab the lower right corner of that Video Event FX window and stretch it much larger so that you can see what you're doing.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby George Dean » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:56 am

Hi Mel,

This may help....

At the bottom of the Pan & Crop window there is an Icon which looks like a big 'i' and pad lock. If you click on this, when you scrub the cursor along the Pan & Crop timeline, you will see the effect in the preview window/pane.

Then position the cursor pointer anywhere within the Pan & Crop window left click once, then roll your mouse wheel. This will enlarge or shrink the displayed area, so when you drag the handles outside of the display area, you can adjust the display with the mouse wheels and then still reach them.

Best Regards.....George
George Dean
New User
New User

Postby Mel717 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:45 pm

vkmast wrote:Try to right click on the image in the Pan Crop window, and select "match output aspect" from the menu. See if it helps.

This did the trick!!!! Thank you all so much for your advice, genius!!!

Mel717

Postby Mel717 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:48 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Also grab the lower right corner of that Video Event FX window and stretch it much larger so that you can see what you're doing.

Thanks for your help every step of the way Steve! I'm self taught with the help of your tutorials, I still refer to them often.

Mel717

Return to Vegas