They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Load Video

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Load Video

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:07 pm

I have a Sony FDR-AX33 Camera and My Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 won't load video from my camera SD card in my camera into the Sony program using the menu-View-Window-Device Explorer. The Sony program won't recognize my Sony FDR-AX33 camera. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Richardmotsch

Re: Load Video

Postby momoffduty » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:24 pm

You may not have the codec for your video file. I had the problem with my Sony RX100iii XAVC S files showing up in Premier Pro & Bridge. After I downloaded Sony's free Play Memories that installed the codec. My workflow is to import the camera files to my computer using the Play Memories. I was then able to see & edit the video in Pr Pro & Bridge.

I am not absolutely sure this would apply to your Sony camera.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Also, are you plugging the camcorder into your computer via USB, setting the camcorder on VTR and then using the Device Manager to browse to the camcorder? That should definitely work. Assuming, of course, you've set the camcorder to communicate with your PC. (If you've done so, you should be able to see the camcorder under My PC in Windows Explorer.)

But if you're pulling out the SD card and plugging that into some kind of card reader and trying to get the video files that way, I can't guarantee that will work.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Richardmotsch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:42 pm

I am sorry Steve, but I am not sure how to have my Sony camcorder FDR-AX33 communicate with my computer. Also, setting the camcorder on VTR and then using the device manage. Very sorry for asking these stupid questions!!! I really appreciate all your answers.

Rich Motsch
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:45 pm

I'm sorry but I don't have your camcorder so I can't show you the exact way to do it. But, on my Canon, once you attach your camcorder to your computer and switch to VTR mode, an indicator appears on the camcorder's LCD asking if you'd like to link to the computer.

If you don't have your camcorder's manual, here is a link to the online PDF of it.
https://docs.sony.com/release/FDRAX30-A ... _EN_OM.pdf

Page 34 makes a reference to downloading from the camcorder to your computer but it doesn't offer any specifics.

Page 33 discusses getting video from your camcorder using Sony's PlayMemories software. Worst case, you can download and install that software and use it to get the video from the camcorder to your computer.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas