They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sony Platinum 13 Studio (Media Bins)

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Sony Platinum 13 Studio (Media Bins)

Postby Richardmotsch » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:43 pm

I have tried several different ways to put 3 individual DVD disks in the different Media Bins with no luck. I have read the Page 57 in Steve's book several times. What I want to do is put 3 individual DVD's into the Sony Platinum 13 Studio program media bins. So I can pull them down to the timeline. When I load the 2nd and 3rd DVD into the all media been it mixes the video clips up. I haven't been able to put the 3 individual DVD's in separate media bins. Therefor, I can't pull them down to the timeline. Because the clips will be out of order.

So I thought it would be better to put the different DVD video clips in different media bins. Could anyone tell me how to put the 2nd and 3rd DVD clips in different media bins so I could pull them all down to the timeline.
Richardmotsch

Re: Sony Platinum 13 Studio (Media Bins)

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:46 pm

How are you ripping the video from the discs, Richard? And are you renaming the video files once you've saved them as VOBs?

DVDs generally use a pretty basic naming system for their files: VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01-2.VOB, etc.

If you're importing a bunch of files with the same names into your project, they're going to get mixed up!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Richardmotsch » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:27 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:How are you ripping the video from the discs, Richard? And are you renaming the video files once you've saved them as VOBs?

DVDs generally use a pretty basic naming system for their files: VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01-2.VOB, etc.

If you're importing a bunch of files with the same names into your project, they're going to get mixed up!
I am just putting the DVD in the DVD slot in my computer and in the project menu clicking on import from DVD camcorder disk. The imported disk always goes to all media instead of in the created bin. I don't think I have renamed any files.
Richardmotsch

Postby Richardmotsch » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:36 am

I just reread Steve's book page 57 and it says when the media bin is selected all new clips will be added to the selected bin. But this isn't happening. They go to the all media bin and don't show up in the selected bin.
Richardmotsch

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:18 am

If you are only importing media from the DVD, Richard, you aren't properly adding the video to your project. You must first "rip" the video from the disc to your hard drive.

Page 46 of the Guide to Movie Studio 13 shows you how to get the video from your disc to your computer.

But, in addition to this, since you're adding media from several DVDs, you'll also need to change the names of the files after you copy them to your hard drive so that each video has its own distinct name -- otherwise, as I said above, the program is going to confuse them.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:57 am

You might try to import your three dvds each to separate instances of Movie Studio Platinum 13. Then add files to their timelines.
Then copy video and audio of each timeline and paste into the timeline of a fourth instance of MSP 13.
Note that you can have several instances of the software open simultaneously.
Surprisingly (for me), it seemed to work though I did not rename the files (.mpg).
See if it works for you.
vkmast

Postby Richardmotsch » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:57 am

vkmast wrote:You might try to import your three dvds each to separate instances of Movie Studio Platinum 13. Then add files to their timelines.
Then copy video and audio of each timeline and paste into the timeline of a fourth instance of MSP 13.
Note that you can have several instances of the software open simultaneously.
Surprisingly (for me), it seemed to work though I did not rename the files (.mpg).
See if it works for you.

I am not sure how you got several instances of software to open at the same time.
Richardmotsch

Postby vkmast » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Richard,
if you have a "regular" copy of MSP 13, just open it once, don't close it, then open it again as usual, don't close it etc.
Now you have multiple instances of MSP open.

BUT, I just learned that it is not the same in the "Steam" version.
If you have that version, read the following link for a workaround.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/330070/d ... 318935942/
vkmast

Return to Vegas