They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Help w/ Rendering in SMS 12.0 Build 896

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Help w/ Rendering in SMS 12.0 Build 896

Postby super8guy » Sun May 01, 2016 12:01 pm

Hello:

I attempted to render a 35 second .mp4 file labeled as:

1920x1080x12 59.940 progressive, AVC

When I command: "make movie" then "save to HD" the reply: "No matching render templates found."

Would downloading Build 1184 fix this? Are there any caveats about upgrading to Build 1184?

Any other suggestions? What if I were to convert the file to another file type. Is this even possible, and if so, what sw should I obtain?

I appreciate your help!
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Re: Help w/ Rendering in SMS 12.0 Build 896

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 01, 2016 2:05 pm

I always recommend having the latest download of the program, super8. Sony is very good about fixing stuff in the program.

That said, what are your Video Project Settings? Do you have the most recent version of Quicktime?

Rather than clicking Make Movie, go to the Project menu and select Render As.

Are you saying that you're trying to render your video as a 1920x1080p60 MP4? If so, go to the Sony AVC templates and select the Internet 1920x1080 30p option and then click Customize Template. Under Custom Settings, set the Frame Rate to 59.94.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Sun May 01, 2016 2:17 pm

Steve is of course right about generally always using the latest build. As far as I know, the only "notable fix" MSP 12 build 1184 added was "Simplified Chinese language support" though. It's unlikely that updating has any impact on your issue. Just try Steve's Internet template suggestion.
vkmast

Postby super8guy » Sun May 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello:

I am hesitant to download the latest Build. If it goes wrong, (and in my experience it almost ALWAYS does) I'll have to devote time to diagnosing and fixing the problem. My technical ability (and patience) is in short supply. If there was something other than Chinese to gain, then I'd adapt and tackle the new Build download. For now, I'll stick w/ Build 896 unless you insist I make the "upgrade" to Build 1184.

Steve: I first tried your suggestion of "render as" from the Project menu. I got the same error code as previously when using the Make Movie dropdown menu: "No matching render template found."

Here are my video project settings:
Template: Custom (1920 x 1080, 59.490 fps)
Width: 1920
Height: 1080
Field Order: None (progressive scan)
Pixel Aspect Ration: 1.0000 (square)
Frame rate: 59.490
Stereoscopic 3D mode: off
Field Resolution Quality: Best
Deinterlace method: Interpolate Fields
Box Checked: Adjust source media to better match project or render settings

Quicktime: 7.7.9 (1680.95.84)

You asked: "Are you saying that you're trying to render your video as a 1920x1080p60 MP4?" Well, previously, all I did in order to render a MS project is to use the Make Movie tab, then select "save it to my HD." That has always worked because it presented me w/ at least one viable method of rendering...until this current file which someone sent to me via dropbox. I don't use DB, instead I saved the 36MB file to my HD.

...and when I attempt to search for Sony AVC templates on "output format" under the "render as" tab, nothing shows up!

Thanks.
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Postby vkmast » Sun May 01, 2016 3:58 pm

super8guy wrote:...and when I attempt to search for Sony AVC templates on "output format" under the "render as" tab, nothing shows up!

Just checking, does this mean you cannot see e.g. the options listed below, when you click the small triangle? And make sure all filter options are off.
Sony avc templates
vkmast

Postby super8guy » Sun May 01, 2016 5:32 pm

Just checking, does this mean you cannot see e.g. the options listed below, when you click the small triangle?

What I mean by that is that no render templates are available. Yes, I can see the area where the choices show up (under the small triangle.)
super8guy

Postby vkmast » Sun May 01, 2016 5:40 pm

Do you see templates listed such as they are in my screenshot? If so, do they not become available and customizable (see Customize template below), if you select one of them?
vkmast

Postby super8guy » Sun May 01, 2016 7:19 pm

vkmast wrote:Do you see templates listed such as they are in my screenshot? If so, do they not become available and customizable (see Customize template below), if you select one of them?

The only thing I see in that space is gray. (I wish I knew how to take a screen shot like you do. Then I'd post it and you would see there is nothing there!)

As I have described initially, I have no options and am unable to render the 35 second file.

I have the impression that it's highly irregular to have that happen from your responses to my dilemma. But unfortunately that is my reality and I'm hoping for some kind of workaround. I suppose I could record the file w/ my video camera, then edit that video. I know my camera produces a file that can be handled by SMS v 12. But I'll wait a couple of days to see if someone else here can come up w/ a solution.

Thank you for your input.
super8guy

Postby super8guy » Sun May 01, 2016 7:34 pm

vkmast wrote:
super8guy wrote:...and when I attempt to search for Sony AVC templates on "output format" under the "render as" tab, nothing shows up!

Just checking, does this mean you cannot see e.g. the options listed below, when you click the small triangle? And make sure all filter options are off.
Sony avc templates

In your screenshot, I see that you have unchecked the boxes labeled "show favorites only" and "match project settings." If I unchecked those boxes I'd then see a host of choices. The problem however, is that the "render" command at the bottom of the window is grayed out, inoperable.

BUT...then I just checked "show favorites only" and unchecked "match project settings" and I was rewarded w/ a host of render templates. :exc:

To summarize, for me the solution to my dilemma was to keep "show favorites only" checked and to uncheck "match project settings."

Thank you vkmast! :-5
super8guy

Postby vkmast » Mon May 02, 2016 7:11 am

Glad you found a solution to your missing render templates issue.

As this thread got a bit complicated, I'd like to try to sum up your case, if you're still listening.
If I understood correctly, your first problem was that there were no rendering templates to be seen at all. You say "the space was gray." This would happen of course, if you had Filters ON like in the link below.
Filters ON

Then you say you unchecked those Filter boxes and could "then see a host of choices."
But "the Render command at the bottom of the window is grayed out, inoperable."
Like this?
Template Groups
or this?
No template selected

Then you say you "checked show favorites only and unchecked match project settings and were rewarded w/ a host of render templates. "
Like this? ( the "host" of course depending on which ones you had marked as Favorites.)
Favorites checked and template selected

All good as it worked for you,
but what actually should have also worked was like this
Filters OFF and template selected

The missing templates issue does seem to happen occasionally to some of us. The users that have no solution from the above might read below about some of the suggestions which have helped according to various forum discussions.

Make sure you have Filters Off and see first if that helps.
- Reset: "Close the program. Now press CTRL+SHIFT while double-clicking on the program's icon (note: in All Programs, not on Taskbar) to launch it. You should see a window that asks "Do you want to reset all preferences to default values?" Place a checkmark next to "Delete all cached application data" and then click Yes. (SCS KB advice)
- Reboot your computer. Start a new project. Use the New Project wizard with Movie Studio. Import a new video clip (not the video with problems). After you added the video, save the project. Go to Make Movie / Render As and see if the missing templates are back. You may have to delete the original project and start again, due to a possible file corruption.

- Some users found help from this: choose any filter at all, such as show favorites only, or audio templates only, or whatever. Click it again and choose filters off.

The last suggestion seems to bear resemblance to the OP's case.
vkmast

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon May 02, 2016 7:22 am

Terrific sum-up, vk! Thanks for taking the time to do this!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby super8guy » Mon May 02, 2016 8:04 am

Yes vk, I'll echo Steves' response and say great job summarizing.

From my former Civil Air Patrol commander I'd most likely get the mild epithet "bonehead" dispensed to describe my predicament in being unable to solve the lack of templates issue. I've been a user of SMS now for about eight years. Every once in a while I try something different and get stymied. I remain grateful to the members of this forum who help me out. ::CLAP:
super8guy

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon May 02, 2016 1:03 pm

:TU:

:::muvipix:::
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas