They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Movie Studio 13 basic and DVD

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Movie Studio 13 basic and DVD

Postby midibass_57 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:43 pm

Hello Community,
I'm using the basic SMS 13. I'm finished with my project and I'm trying to put it on DVD to view from a regular DVD player. In the Make Movie tab, there is no Burn to DVD option. Can someone please guide me in the right direction? Thank you for your patience.
midibass_57
New User
New User

Re: Movie Studio 13 basic and DVD

Postby vkmast » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:25 am

midibass_57,
unfortunately the basic SMS 13 is way too basic. It does not include the SCS Blu-ray/DVD Disc authoring and burning software DVD Architect Studio 5 that MSPlatinum has. You cannot burn from the timeline either. See Vegas family comparison.

From SCS KB No. 4974:
"Unable to burn a DVD in Movie Studio 13
Updated 03/05/2015
Q. When I try to burn a DVD in Movie Studio 13, I do not see an option to do so. Is it even possible in this program?
A. Movie Studio 13 was designed for users looking to upload videos to the Internet or save them to a computer hard drive, so it does not have disc-burning capabilities. If you are looking to burn a DVD, you will need a separate DVD-burning application, such as DVD Architect Studio.
"

I think your best option would be using your MS 13 license to get an upgrade price for Movie Studio Platinum 13, which comes with DVD Architect Studio 5. The standalone DVD A Studio 5 would cost almost as much. You will want to upgrade soon enough anyway.
vkmast

Return to Vegas