They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Editing text within a video clip Sony Movie Studio 13

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Editing text within a video clip Sony Movie Studio 13

Postby downeym » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 am

Hi Everyone,
I just bought Steve's book about Movie Studio 13, and am brand new to the community. I am also very much a novice at video editing and SMS 13 too. So please bear with me. Possible I missed it, but I don't see this addressed in the book.

I am working with a video clip which was created from Powerpoint. PP created a movie file which I have imported. Text is part of my movie event on the time, but not part of the "text" portion of the timeline. Is it possible to modify the text within Movie Studio when the text effect was imported from another text generator (Powerpoint)?

I don't know how to "select" the text to change it and when I go to Media Generator, it seems to want to add text, not modify it.

I could go to PP and recreate the raw footage and re-import to Movie studio, but this seems like a brute force method and time consuming (as I don't have access to all the footage I need within PP). Was hoping there was an elegant solution with Movie Stuido.

I hope I have been clear enough in describing my problem. :ha:

Please help. Any thoughts are much appreciated.
downeym
New User
New User

Re: Editing text within a video clip Sony Movie Studio 13

Postby Kent Frost » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:28 am

If SMS13 is anything like Vegas Pro 13, then if you expand your track which contains the live, editable text clip, you should see a film icon on the right end of the clip. When you click that, it should bring up an editor where you can change the text to whatever you want. However, if the text is already embedded into the video clip you're using, it's flattened onto it and would not be editable on anything except the original program that created it.
The only text you'd be able to edit in Vegas is whatever text you've generated from within Vegas. (Which, oddly enough, sound a lot like "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.)
Dell Studio XPS 8100, Intel Core i7 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 64-Bit Win7. Camera gear: 2x Canon 550D's, 1x Canon EOS 6D body, Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 & 17-50mm f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 & 24-70mm f/2.8L, and two 420EX flashes.
Kent Frost

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:28 am

If the text was created in PowerPoint then it is imprinted onto the video you're editing, downey. You can't break it apart in Movie Studio and re-edit it.

Welcome to Muvipix.com!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby downeym » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:30 pm

Got it. Thank you both so much for the quick and definitive response.
Much appreciated!!
downeym
New User
New User

Return to Vegas