They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sony Movie Studio 13 (Basic)

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Sony Movie Studio 13 (Basic)

Postby midibass_57 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Hello everyone. I just opened the program (Sony movie studio 13) and the preview window was smaller than normal and the other side where the media generator is has expanded. How can I get it back to normal?
midibass_57
New User
New User

Re: Sony Movie Studio 13 (Basic)

Postby vkmast » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:29 pm

vkmast

Postby George Dean » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:30 pm

UPDATE: As vkmast has pointed out below, I'm incrorrect, as I neglected to READ, this was Movie Studio BASIC. My apology.....

Hi midibass,

When the window display gets messed up, here is another way....

View > Window Layouts > Default Layout. When you do this you will see the keyboard shortcut is: Alt+D, D. This will restore the windows layout as it was originally installed.

If you have changed the window display around how you like it, you can save it View > Window Layouts > Save Layout As...

Give it a unique name. It will automatically assign a keyboard shortcut and also it displays where your custom layout will be saved and/or you can change the saved folder before you click 'OK' to save it.

Then, in the future when the display layout gets whacked up, you can set it back to your favorite using your custom layout.

Best Regards......George
George Dean
New User
New User

Postby vkmast » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:55 pm

George,
the topic here is Movie Studio 13 (Basic), which is extremely limited compared to the Platinum versions.
"Features: ...Comprehensive window docking options, recallable window layouts=NO".
The MSPlatinum 13 Simple Edit mode lacks them as well.

And from a review by an actual user: "you can not resize any of the windows within the interface, and since they seem to resize themselves with no rhyme or reason this can be a major pain when one window becomes too small and the others are too large, making it impossible access all the features. The only way I have found to get around this is to reset the factory defaults (hold down shift+cntrl) when launching the application."

Movie studio 13 preview window gone
vkmast

Postby George Dean » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:21 pm

vkmast wrote:George,
the topic here is Movie Studio 13 (Basic), which is extremely limited compared to the Platinum versions.
"Features: ...Comprehensive window docking options, recallable window layouts=NO".
The MSPlatinum 13 Simple Edit mode lacks them as well.

Thank You vkmast, I updated my pervious post to reflect your correction. It would appear I read too fast, as I know the basic does not have those window features! (George thinking to himself.....man you were way out there on this one, if you are going to give advice or make commets, slow down dude and READ!!!!)

Best Regards.....George
George Dean
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:01 pm

And we applaud you all for being so kind as to offer help to someone in need, thanks to both of you from Muvipix :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas