They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Which application should be used for dubbing !!!

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Which application should be used for dubbing !!!

Postby xxxhomie21 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:49 pm

Hey there i'm noob in video editing by somehow i'm using vegas to edit video Now i'm trying to dubb the audio but didn't know how to dub or what software is used for dubbing even I can't amplify the audio of microphone It sounds very noisy and eco Does somebody help or suggest me any guide or just tell any software which I should use
I just want to do it professionally Thankz
xxxhomie21
New User
New User

Re: Which application should be used for dubbing !!!

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:56 pm

Since you're editing in Vegas, I've moved your question to Vegas.

That said, can you confirm that we're understanding what you're asking for? Dubbing means recording new audio over your old. Is that really what you want to do?

It also sounds like you may be asking how to clean up bad audio, which is very different.

That said, what is this a video recording of? Do you have a separate, quality recording of the audio for the event?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby xxxhomie21 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:44 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:Since you're editing in Vegas, I've moved your question to Vegas.

That said, can you confirm that we're understanding what you're asking for? Dubbing means recording new audio over your old. Is that really what you want to do?

It also sounds like you may be asking how to clean up bad audio, which is very different.

That said, what is this a video recording of? Do you have a separate, quality recording of the audio for the event?

thankz steve
actually i've recorded the video and already edited it a bit
now its time to record vocals or dialogs of actors as the camera's inbuilt microphone is very weak
so we've decided to record the vocals individually
but i want to record vocals while the video is playing
And actually my bigger problem is the recording mic is sounding very bassy(or harsh) and in very low sound
xxxhomie21
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:01 am

Sounds like you've got a couple of issues to deal with, homie. The first of which is that you've got to get your hands on a better microphone. We can recommend one, but you'll need to tell us what your needs are in a microphone (where you'll be recording, for instance) and how much you'd like to spend.

As for "looping" (which is the official term for re-recording dialog in a movie), the easiest way to record audio while watching the movie is to set up your computer screen with a video player (like the great VLC Media Player) and load your video into it with the sound turned down. At the same time, have an audio recording program set up (Audacity is free and will work well) and microphone plugged in and configured for this program. Then it's as simple as playing the movie and having your actor or actors record as best they can in sync with the movie. Save this audio as a WAV file.

Once that's done, import the video and audio into a Premiere Elements project, delete or mute the video's original audio and sync up the new audio to your video. Output your movie and you're done.

Now, all of that of course assumes you're somewhat computer savvy and that you know how to use Audacity and Premiere Elements to edit audio and video. And unfortunately, if you haven't got a clue, we're not going to be able to help you on the forum. This is pretty high-level post-production, and there's no way to explain how to do it in a sentence or two.

But those are the steps. There's really no way to make it easier than that.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:01 am

Welcome to Muvipix Homie :wcm:

:::muvipix:::
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby xxxhomie21 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:38 am

thankz everyone
xxxhomie21
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:08 pm

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:50 am

Also if you have spots that are difficult to "loop" you can always cut to some "B-Roll" to play so syncing the voices is not noticeable.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Vegas