They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Captions Backgrounds in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Captions Backgrounds in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13

Postby stanshear » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:09 pm

1. I'm using Sony Music Studio Platinum 13.0

2. I see the video image on the timeline, and click on the video track which I create above it.

3. I then go to Insert/Text Media, and the Video Media Generators box pops up with the words SAMPLE TEXT, where I replace this with the appropriate text, change the size, text color, font, etc. This appears on the Preview Screen in the area of the video image that I've selected, IN A BOX, which I can drag it to wherever I wish on the Preview screen, and can also move the newly created text box along the timeline and resize it if necessary.

3. HERE IS THE ISSUE - I would like to change the color of this text box so that I have a consistent appearance wherever I position it. e.g. White text on a black text box or whatever, so that the text I've created stands out clearly, as they do in TV productions.

4. The only option I have available is the Background setting under the Advanced tab, but this changes the color of the WHOLE scene background, not just the color in the text box, which is what I want to do.

I could insert a screenshot if this will clarify things, but am not sure how to do this.

Stan
stanshear
New User
New User

Re: Captions Backgrounds in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13

Postby Chris B » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:48 am

You can crop the title using the even pan/crop tools. Make sure you change "stretch to fill frame" to no. I would suggest positioning your text first using the text tool then applying the crop around it. Here's a screenshot taken from Vegas pro so might look slightly different - but the settings should be there.

snippedtext.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Postby stanshear » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:41 am

Thanks Chris. Just saw your reply and can't try it right now but it makes sense. I'll let you know when I've tried it.
Stan

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stanshear
New User
New User

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello.

I like using the shadow feature, which you enable and adjust in the text generator, instead of using a solid background color. You can read white text with a black shadow on just about anything. You will probably want to adjust the location of the shadow and the blurriness, which you do in the text generator, so it is perfect for you.

Rob J.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Vegas