They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Freezing problem with studio 13

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Freezing problem with studio 13

Postby camera27 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi i'm using Studio 13 and I'm having serious freezing problems after the rendering process. After multiple rendering sessions (always the same project) the image always slows down and stop at approximatly the same timing on the final rendered file. Altough the frames are freezing, the ambiant sound doesn't seem to be affected and is running as if nothing ever happened. It is important to say that my original project was edited with Vegas Movie studio HD platinum 11. After having experienced the problem, i bought Studio 13 hoping that this newest software would solve my problem...But no, it's still happening. I must add that sometimes the video unfreeze but is running as if on fast forward. Can someone help??? Could it be that my video file is corrupted??
camera27
New User
New User

Re: Freezing problem with studio 13

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:57 pm

Welcome to Muvipix, camera. I've moved your topic to the Vegas/Movie Studio forum.

When you say render, I assume you mean when you output a finished movie. And you're saying that this output movie always slows down or stops at approximately the same spot. (Not exactly the same -- but approximately. That's important.)

If so, what player are you using to play this movie? I'd recommend you use VLC Media Player, which is far far superior and more reliable than Windows Media Player.

Which Make Movie template are you using to output your movie?

What operating system do you have and with which processor and how much RAM? This certainly sounds like an intensive file that's bottlenecking its playback on your system.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby camera27 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:53 am

Hi! what do you mean by which make movie template am i using to output my movie? As far as i know my system is the latest. I use an Intel Core i7 4790 3.6Ghz with 16Gb RAM, SSD hard drive. My system is solely used for movie editing. I don't use VLB but the freezing problem doesn't occur anywere else in the video.
camera27
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:19 am

When you select Make Movie or Render As, you are taken to a panel in which you can choose an output template. This is how you produce your "final rendered file."

Also, what model of camcorder is your original video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

What is your Movie Studio Video Project Properties?

Are you viewing your finished movie on VLC Player?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas