They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Any color "search & replace" function in MSP 13? [Solved]

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Any color "search & replace" function in MSP 13? [Solved]

Postby lingyai » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:30 am

[Update: didn't find a search and replace color function, but did find a workaround for my particular problem, which I've added to the end of this post.....]

Hi all, I have simple footage -- pure white animated cartoon clouds on a chroma green background. I can remove the green to make it transparent, no problem. But what I'd like to do is make the clouds yellow (don' ask). If this were a still in photoshop, I'd select a white patch with the magic wand, which would select all the white, then fill the selection with yellow from a palette. Is there any way to do something like this in MSP13, through either the Sony or 3rd party FX? I tried Sony's HSL adjust, but ah, since it's white, there's nothing for any of those controls to distort, so can't change hue that way, it seems.

I've heard that somehow I could export the clip as individual images, then batch process them through Phototoshop, then somehow get them back as video. I'd do that but I lack the full Photoshop, rather I have only Elements, which permits only limited batch processing. Maybe some alternative like Gimp? Has anyone tried it this longer way?

I'd be grateful for any advice. My "replace color" search through the online help came up dry...

(Got some wild smileys here ... I keep looking for excuses to use them ... well, I'll be back)

-----------------

[Later...] My solution here was to use the Sony Sepia FX to give the white clouds color, and from there used the HSL to make it yellow.
lingyai
New User
New User

Re: Any color "search & replace" function in MSP 13? [Solved

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:19 am

Glad you found a solution, lingyai! Otherwise, I'm not sure what we'd have suggested.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Any color "search & replace" function in MSP 13? [Solved

Postby vkmast » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:29 am

NewBlue has the Filters 3 Chroma package which includes the Color Replace plug-in. Not sure if it is compatible AND works with Sony Movie Studio 13 Platinum though. There seems to be a free trial available, so you could try. (December sale as well)
https://www.newbluefx.com/products/filters/chroma
vkmast

Return to Vegas