They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Once again..

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Once again..

Postby BuddyB » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:38 am

..I have done something wrong. I have an MP4 DVD that I need to make a copy for a friend. However, it won't play on the Tv (Not surprising). I brought the DVD movie into Vegas, hoping to convert it to MP2. I did a Make Movie, and it seem to do OK (MP2). I made a DVD..and it was a beautiful pic, but, and the big one, it doesn't have audio. It's been a while since I did this and the computer master I see, a shade over two hours, is 9.5 gigs and is too big to burn. And the fact is I don't remember and can't find the master .sfk file I burned this with. Oh woe is me :). Is there a way I can capture the MP4 and convert to MP2? Thanks for your patience.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Once again..

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:17 am

Handbrake?

And pretty sure audio has to be one of these: MP1, MP2, AC3, DTS, PCM for DVD's
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:23 am

I'm a little confused by your workflow again, Buddy.

You started with an MP4 DVD? Where did this come from? DVDs are usually not MP4s -- unless you're just making a copy to deliver to another computer, and generally that's being done now with thumb drives or online transfers.

But that said, what did you do with it in Vegas? I guess, depending on where the video originated, you may be able to use it as a source file in a Vegas project but, as Tree Tops points out, if all you want to do is convert an MP4 into a DVD file, Vegas may not be the best workflow. And you shouldn't need the .sfk file to do it either.

So I guess I agree with Tree Tops. If you're just converting an MP4 into a playable DVD, Handbrake is probably the easiest and most efficient choice.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BuddyB » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:05 am

I downloaded Handbrake and malware that I've yet to be rid of came with it, tried a second time at CNET after running all the anti-malware (5) and Norton. This malware came with it a second time. I just reset Firefox just to see if it is attached to the browser. I suppose I'll find out at some point soon. This one is maliscious; hope it is not hiding somewhere that none of the apps have found...grrr! Part II of this story: These guys played Chinese and put their stuff in the most obvious location, and usually most would not think of it. I found the file in the Control Panel/Programs and Features..would you feature that. Hopefully this time it won't come back. And at this point I'm afraid to try Handbrake again based on my recent experience. :)
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:59 am

So sorry for your challenges, Buddy!

You should not have gotten any malware if you'd downloaded Handbrake from its web site at:
https://handbrake.fr/

It's open source software with, as far as I can tell, no attached adware or trojans.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BuddyB » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:10 pm

I must have gone astry when I googled. I took your link, used it, and it was perfect. Thanks. Only thing is now I have to learn how to use it. I, so far, do not see a way of converting from MP4 to MP2. It uses a lot of terms I'm not familiar with.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:43 am

Hmm. Now that I've looked at the program, I wonder if it is the best converter, Buddy. Usually you use Handbrake to convert videos to MP4s -- not the other way around. Sorry. But maybe TreeTops has a workflow I'm not aware of.

That said, I'm going to just go back a few steps to my original reply.

You say you have an MP4-DVD? What is that? Is that an MP4 that just happens to be on a DVD? It's not a DVD that will play on a DVD player, is it? Because then it wouldn't be an MP4.

That said, unless TreeTops has a Handbrake workflow, go back to my original reply and respond to my questions and we'll try to figure out why Vegas had trouble working with your MP4.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:12 am

Yes, you need to answer Steve's questions so that we can get a better handle on what you are trying to do. You did say you made a video from that mp4dvd (Whatever that was) but you didn't get the audio. So did you look at the type of audio the original mp4 had? Look at my post above which shows allowable audio formats for DVD's
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby BuddyB » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:32 pm

Well.. :ha: ..All the issues are my fault. I, obviously was not thinking when I did this project. I've always been given good advice and helpful suggestions by my peers here, however in my haste and physical condition the past year I've performed rather poorly in the organization, efficient production setup and finishing of my projects. And, in my infinite wisdom have messed around with the MP4 DVD and may have, in anger with myself, thrown it away because I can't find it. I do have a 2 hr .SFK that I'm "Making Movie" as an MP2 to the hard drive, after which I will attempt to burn a DVD. The MP4 file that's on my HD now is 9.5 gigs, way too large to burn, and all this time I thought if you kept it under 2 hrs. you were good to go. There's a possibility the MP2 will not burn because it may be too large; will let you know. My suspicion is that 4 hrs rendering time, even on my system, is longer than need be. Now that I'm nearing the end of my physical infirmities I hope to concentrate more effectively and retain what I learn better. TreeTops I will keep the format in mind should I come up with a similar situation. Thanks again. :-D
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Buddy that's how you know you like video editing..... You get flabbergasted and angry...... :)

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Vegas