They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Slideshow Adjustments

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Slideshow Adjustments

Postby jonnyD » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:40 pm

I see in your guide to SMS 13.0 how to use the slideshow creator. If I want to make adjustments to slide duration, etc. and I click insert again and choose "slideshow", it's as if I am creating a slideshow from the beginning rather than giving me choices to adjust the slideshow I've already created. How can I go into a created slideshow to change settings? ie. length of slide duration, transitions, etc.
Computer: 3.2 GHz i5 CPU; 8GB RAM; ASUS GTX660 graphics card; Win 7 Pro 64-bit; 120GB SSD boot drive plus 1.5TB internal HDD
Software: Sony Movie Studio Platinum suite 13.0; Photoshop CS5
jonnyD

Re: Slideshow Adjustments

Postby Francesco Carzedda » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:23 pm

If you have rendered a videoclip (as mp4 or avi file, for example), you can't access it again with Vegas.
You can do it only with a veg file.
You can use all the editing options, of course, i.e. split the clip in two or more clips and work on the new objects: modify speed, apply transitions or video effects, change the audio track for a segment and so on.
Francesco Carzedda
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:19 pm

Once a slideshow is created in Movie Studio, it becomes a series of events on your timelines. As I show you in the book, you can lengthen or shorten the duration of these events overall or individually -- but you can't go back in to the slideshow properties and re-edit them. Once the slideshow is placed on the timeline, the slideshow creator is done with it.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jonnyD » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:33 pm

Hey! I just found out that if I remove the created slideshow from the timeline (CTRL+Z) and click on Insert>Slideshow....the photos are all still loaded in the slideshow creator!! I can then go to settings to change the duration of each slide and the type of transitions. :exc:
Computer: 3.2 GHz i5 CPU; 8GB RAM; ASUS GTX660 graphics card; Win 7 Pro 64-bit; 120GB SSD boot drive plus 1.5TB internal HDD
Software: Sony Movie Studio Platinum suite 13.0; Photoshop CS5
jonnyD

Return to Vegas