They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Trimmer will not open [PROBLEM SOLVED]

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Trimmer will not open [PROBLEM SOLVED]

Postby jonnyD » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:53 am

A weird thing just happened: I was going to play around with a full length feature movie file in SMS 13.0 which I converted to MPEG 2. I added the media file to a new project and then double-clicked on it (I have the program set to open in the trimmer on a double-click - great idea, Steve). It loaded fine and it played back fine. I chose a very small section in the trimmer and made a subclip. Suddenly, the movie file on the trimmer timeline looked like it kind of got sucked towards the START button on the lower left - I can't describe it any better.
When I tried to double-click the subclip file, the trimmer did not open up. I tried double-clicking other files: trimmer not opening. I closed out of the program and rebooted the computer and re-opened SMS 13.0: trimmer still not opening. I tried re-loading the files to the movie project: trimmer not opening. I tried changing preferences back to loading movie file to timeline on a double-click. That worked fine. I changed preferences back to loading into trimmer on a double-click: trimmer not opening. I've tried dragging files to timeline and right-clicking: I get the trimmer choice in the pop-up menu, but trimmer will not open. I tried View>Window>Trimmer: trimmer not opening. I've run out of solutions to try short of re-installing the program onto the computer. Any ideas?

I tried to delete this post, but was not permitted to.

SOLUTION: I opened the START menu and opened up SMS from there. I tried other projects first and the trimmer worked fine. I then tried the problem project and it works fine now. I guess the "being sucked into the START button" had something to do with it. Back to work...... :conf:
Computer: 3.2 GHz i5 CPU; 8GB RAM; ASUS GTX660 graphics card; Win 7 Pro 64-bit; 120GB SSD boot drive plus 1.5TB internal HDD
Software: Sony Movie Studio Platinum suite 13.0; Photoshop CS5
jonnyD

Re: Trimmer will not open [PROBLEM SOLVED]

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:56 am

Glad you figured it out, Jonny.

I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you may have just zoomed in on the Trimmer timeline. If so, that's easily reset without resorting to such extremes.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby jonnyD » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:40 am

Out of curiosity, what would the solution you propose be? :conf: I even tried View>Window Layouts>Default Layout
Computer: 3.2 GHz i5 CPU; 8GB RAM; ASUS GTX660 graphics card; Win 7 Pro 64-bit; 120GB SSD boot drive plus 1.5TB internal HDD
Software: Sony Movie Studio Platinum suite 13.0; Photoshop CS5
jonnyD

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:12 pm

If you widen/increase the height of the timeline on the Trimmer enough (by dragging on the seam between the timeline and and Trimmer viewer) you'll see a controller for zooming in and out on the timeline.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas