They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video Card

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Video Card

Postby Susanna » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:55 am

I am at the moment using the integrated graphics on my PC (spec below) which is working surprisingly well!
However, I recognise that I need a proper video-editing-friendly card.
My local PC shop owner (he also uses Sony Movie Studio) has recommended a Zotac Geforce 610, which he retails for £44.99 sterling. I can't afford a lot more than this, but has anyone any other recommendations?
I can't at the moment use a lot of the NewBlue effects and I'm hoping a new video card will be the way forward.
Trouble is, although I feel confident enough to fit one myself, most of the jargon surrounding video cards is WAY over my head. :conf:
Zoostorm Quad Core PC -Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 CPU - 6GB Fast DDR3 - 1TB 7200rpm SATA HD - Windows 7 HP 64bit - HD 5.1 sound - NVIDIA GeForce GT610
Using Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 and Premiere Elements 9
Susanna

Re: Video Card

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 am

Sony recommends a CUDA-enabled card for its newest products.

So, although this is a pretty basic card as far as "gaming" is concerned, it should work just fine with Movie Studio. And it should support all of the NewBlue effects, including the 3D Pro Titler.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:04 am

Further to Steve's post, at least one Vegas user on the SCS forum seems satisfied with that card :)

The comment is that "GT 610 is a rebranded GT520 with Fermi architecture according to the link en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units which explains why it works well even although it is 600 series card. Since it is based on the GF119 chipset it probably will require a driver later then 296.10 as it came out much later than that driver was released."

And as it does meet the minimum system requirements of Movie Studio Plat. 12 listed by SCS and NewBlueFX it should work with your NewBlueFX 3D Titling and Video FX plugins.
vkmast

Postby Susanna » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Thank you both! ;)
Zoostorm Quad Core PC -Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 CPU - 6GB Fast DDR3 - 1TB 7200rpm SATA HD - Windows 7 HP 64bit - HD 5.1 sound - NVIDIA GeForce GT610
Using Movie Studio Platinum Suite 12 and Premiere Elements 9
Susanna

Return to Vegas