They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Deleting entire projects from Vegas HD Platinum 10

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Deleting entire projects from Vegas HD Platinum 10

Postby Collene » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:20 pm

As elementary as this is (and somewhat embarrassing) I am unable to delete entire projects from the recent projects menu at start up. I want to delete all the old projects so that I only have the one I'm currently working on listed. How do I do that? I'm having trouble bringing all the media I need into my new project and thought perhaps deleting everything I don't need from old movie projects would give me more room to work.
Computer: Toshiba Qosimo X505 Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2410M CPU@2.30 GHz Ram 8 GB 64 Bit Operating System Camera: Canon EOS 7D Video Camera: Canon Vixia HF s21 Software: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10.0 HD Platinum
Collene

Location: A little south of Minnesota's extreme north in the USA

Re: Deleting entire projects from Vegas HD Platinum 10

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Are you actually deleting the project files from your hard drive, Collene? That will remove them from the Recent Project list. In fact, I think it's about the only way.

Well, short of going to Options/Preference/General and selecting the option to not display the recently opened projects at all (or setting it to only list the one recent project you're working on).
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Collene » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:49 pm

Yes I am. If I understand correctly I will still have all the original MOV files in my windows program, I just won't have the folders with the files I used to make the movies (which are now completed) they have been transferred to DVDs and I no longer wanted them in program. Thanks for the quick reply.
Computer: Toshiba Qosimo X505 Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2410M CPU@2.30 GHz Ram 8 GB 64 Bit Operating System Camera: Canon EOS 7D Video Camera: Canon Vixia HF s21 Software: Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10.0 HD Platinum
Collene

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:37 am

So we've answered your question, right?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Collene » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:48 am

Yep! Thank you.
Collene

Postby Collene » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:06 am

Okay, maybe I was a little hasty on the yep... As I understand it when we use Vegas we are using a non-destructive editing process. Am I correct in thinking that while I import my various video clips into the Vegas program that they also remain in the windows photo gallery program? So when I delete from the Vegas program those files are deleted from the hard drive, but the original clips that are in windows photo gallery remain there and continue to be accessible. Is that right?
Collene

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 am

If you delete the video and photo files from your hard drive, you should no longer see them in your Windows photo gallery.

But deleting the .veg project files isn't the same as deleting your video and media files. You can delete your project files and yet leave your media files on your computer for later use.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas