They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rolling Credits

Talk about the Sony Vegas line of products.

Rolling Credits

Postby Little Nac » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:03 am

Hi all. I have been trying to do a Rolling Credit in Vegas 12 Pro all afternoon, with not much luck. I have had the Help Menu up on one screen trying to follow what to do as I work with it on the other screen. I can set the type and do all that, but it's the X & Y parts that are getting me. I just can't get it to scroll. Can anyone please throw some light on it? Also is there a way to stop the CTI from flashing. It's driving me crazy, more so than I all ready am!!
Thank you,
L.N. ](*,)
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Rolling Credits

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:43 am

Are you using a Scrolling Credits template from the Media Generators, Nac? If so, it should roll up the screen automatically (assuming you've got the animation preset set to scroll or roll).

Although some people consider scrolling to the be a left to right movement across the screen rather than bottom to top. If you're trying to do that, it can be done, but you'll need to animate it manually using the Pan/Crop tool.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:18 am

Hi Steve,
Yes I saw the Scrolling Credits Template, and they were not exactly what I was after.
Sorry I did not explain correctly, I was looking through the help section, and came across
Scrolling Text, where it mentioned to use the Pro Type Text, I have included what it said, my problem
is the transform part.
credit 1.PNG
credit 2.PNG

credit 3.PNG
Maybe that is not the right way to go about it, any help greatly appreciated, I normally use Elements, but recently
had the opportunity to acquire this program, and have been playing around with it to see what it will do, I must admit I am finding a little
bit of a learning curve, I feel it is a very powerful program if only I can get over the teething bits.
Thanks for any help, and also is there any way to stop the CTI from flashing all the time. LN :conf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:35 am

Those are instructions for creating rolling creates using keyframed animation in the Pro Type titler. And they should work.

What are you seeing? Does it just stay at the End position instead of rolling up the screen? This will happen if you don't have the animation toggled on, as described in Step 8. When you click the Toggle Animation button, it should create an Initial keyframe. Then, when you move the playhead to the end of the title's timeline (which they don't mention in their instructions) and reposition your title, it should create your End keyframe. Does that make sense?

Sorry that I'm out of town right now and don't have access to the program so I can try it myself, but the principles seem sound.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi Steve
Thanks for the info, it is early morning here, so will give it another go a little later.
BTW enjoy your stay, and Bubby & I just love Charlotte, she would want to cuddle her
all day. Will get back to the title a little later. Thanks again LN :)
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:25 am

Thanks for following the blog, Nac! Yes, Charlotte and I have done a lot of growing up together this past week. I'm going to miss her a lot when I go back to the USA next week.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Vegas