FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]

Animated text presets not working.

Animated text presets not working.

Offline - New User
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 am Post
MOVIE STUDIO 15 PLATINUM (Newly installed)

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody will be able to throw some light on why my animated text presets remain static - i.e., do not animate as per their description. Even when I hover the mouse pointer over the respective thumbnails, the previews remain stationary. The edited text does appear in the main preview window but again, refuses to move.

Please note: I am new to this program and not particularly computer savvy.  :pull:

Many thanks in advance...
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Animated text presets not working.

Offline - Super Moderator
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:38 am Post
Hi, Fastblast. Welcome to Muvipix.

Can you post your computer specs? Your processor, RAM and graphics card? Your monitor resolution? Your Windows version?

I assume when you say "animated text" you're talking about Media Generators, right? Specifically Credit Rolls?

Without knowing the complete specs of your system, it's hard to say why they're not previewing. The certainly do on my system.

But the real question is what happens when you add them to your timeline? Do they play the animation?

Offline - Moderator
Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 am Post
This is probably the same issue that I had once with Win7. On Windows 7, Titles & Text [and ProType Titler in VPro] require .NET Framework 4.6.2 to be installed for correct functionality. Be sure to have the latest build 146 installed as well. And read https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... o--104783/ section 6 Microsoft .Net Framework. (You may have read the answer to a similar question elsewhere by now though.)

Offline - New User
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:03 am Post
Thank you for your kind responses re. Generated Media Text: Action Flip; Dropping Words; Fly-In, etc., etc. None of these presets work (move/animate) - neither as thumbnails nor in the timeline. :pull:

As I mentioned previously, I am not highly versed in the dark art of computer technology, but here is my effort at compiling a list of specs.
Furthermore, and in answer to vkmnast's question; I DO have the latest 146 build installed:

HP G72 NoteBook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M350 @ 2.27 GHz
Installed memory: (RAM) 4.00 Gb
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home
Display adaptors: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor
External HD

Perhaps I should also mention that animations in similar programs all work perfectly. [-X
Thanks again.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 am Post
Well, I'd say your main issue is that your system is a bit under-powered. According to this benchmark report, your system rates about 1,900. I usually recommend a processor that rates at least a 6,500.

And just to be clear, you're saying that, when you add these titles to your timeline, they don't play at all, right? Even you set your Preview window to Preview Quality/Automatic?

Offline - Moderator
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:31 pm Post
Steve may of course be right about your main issue. Still, check that it's not a problem with your .NET Framework(s).
Read item 6 here https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... o--104783/.
Read also https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... windows-10 and
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... windows-10
I have .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET 4.7 Advanced Services showing with a "+" in Windows Features on my older PC
(Win 10 Pro 1803, i3 6100 @3.70 GHz, 4 GB, GPU Intel HD 530) and the Titles&Text animations work.
Installing .NET Framework 4.6.2 also fixed this issue with VMSP 14 on my now broken laptop
(Win 7, i3 350M @2.26 GHz, 4 GB, GPU GT 320M).

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:58 pm Post
Absolutely, vk!

Offline - New User
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:04 am Post
Many thanks for coming to the rescue and for sharing your expertise again.

The good news..? I followed vmast's advice and installed .NET Framework 4.6.2, and EUREKA - my animated texts actually animate now. Whoop, whoop! :exc:

I'm sincerely grateful... until next time. ::wav::

Richard.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:50 am Post
vkmast calls it again! Thanks, vk!

Profile  WWW 
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:21 am Post
VKMAST !! Hero of the Day !! :SS:

Offline - New User
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:15 am Post
As a footnote to the above; I have since received the attached email in response to my enquiry to Magix Technical Support (which I had actually forgotten I'd submitted...). :mad:

I wish Magix had told me (before my purchase) that non-animating text presets were a 'known issue'. ](*,)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm Post
:)
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic