FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dual Fish Eye Stitching & 360 Stabilization effects missing

Re: Dual Fish Eye Stitching & 360 Stabilization effects miss

Offline - Moderator
Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:17 pm Post
Sorry to hear that you had so many issues.

Most programs are really designed to be forward facing leveraging the most out of the latest technology has to offer. Trying to retrofit the newest software to a platform that is 10 years old can be problematic. Even when the manufactures says it is ok to use. Things like minimum requirements can be a bit misleading even under the best of circumstances.

Sidd
Last post Reply with quote 

Offline - Registered User
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:07 pm Post
Interesting point, Sidd ..

I wonder if everyone who has this working is using Windows 10, including Steve in his excellent video ?

Perhaps it really doesn't work with Windows 7 at all and Magix just say that it does so that they can sell more copies to mugs like me.

- Neil

Offline - Moderator
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:26 pm Post
Sidd makes very valid points in his post. There are most likely more features there that may not work even though the minimum specifications are met. That is why it's always advisable to use a free trial first. This recommendation is also a Sticky on the Magix Vegas Community user forum (https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... y--109070/)

Offline - Super Moderator
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:54 am Post
As everyone on this forum knows, I'm a big proponent of Windows 10. I liked Windows 7 -- and I liked Windows XP, for that matter.

But an upgrade to Windows 10 is not only easy but inevitable. And -- dare I say it -- I think it will fix more problems than it will cause. I see very little downside to upgrading your operating system (except for the ~$150 cost). And it will likely resolve the strangeness you've been experiencing.

(Though I welcome any disagreement. I'm just speaking from my own experience.)

Offline - Moderator
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:12 am Post
I would also suggest that if you do decide to move to windows 10 (I also would recommend), Upgrade as a fresh install and do not install as an upgrade. There have been some issues when upgrading from WIn 7 to windows 10. A fresh install of windows 10 will be the least amount of effort.

Sidd

Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:15 am Post
Understood ... thanks, guys.

I'll may try this at some stage, but can't afford to buy Windows 10 right now.

@Steve ... was your video, which shows the 360 degree editing, made with Windows 10 ?

best regards
- Neil

Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:20 am Post
But of course.

Offline - Moderator
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:14 am Post
Neil, take a look at the Water Cooler topic titled "DaVinci Resolve." This taken from there:-

Chris B wrote
Sorry - Didn't realise you were still on Win7.

When the free upgrade offer was available the upgrade path for Windows 7 Ultimate was to Windows 10 Pro - which (I think) is why the move to home is considered a downgrade. There reports that despite the free period being over if you run the upgrade tool it "just works".
https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how ... 0-upgrade/

Obviously the usual rules apply - make sure you have a full system backup in case something goes wrong etc.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:08 am Post
The reason that I purchased this package on DVD instead of downloading it was because my internet access is via a prepaid "broadband dongle", which costs a fortune to download more than a few tens of MB.

I have downloaded a trial version of Windows10 from another computer, where I have unlimited access and installed onto my computer. Then tried to install and activate VMSP16 using broadband dongle on my computer with trial Windows10. Next problem ... Windows10 will not recognize the broadband dongle ! Neither my blood pressure nor my wallet will take any more.

Think I will go back to making movies on cine film and editing by cutting the film and gluing together ... less stressful by far :)

But seriously, folks ... will just have to find another package to convert the dual fish eye media before editing in VMSP16. Seems like the simplest solution.

Thanks again.

Offline - Moderator
Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:48 pm Post
will just have to find another package to convert the dual fish eye media before editing in VMSP16

I would suggest trying some of the free stitching programs that come from some of the other 360 camera mfg's. They should all work.

Sidd

Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:52 am Post
Here's CyberLink's free 360 editor. But, if you're paying for every internet use, I guess no download is really free for you.
https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/vide ... g-gear-360
Top Reply with quote 

Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic