FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]

Easiest way to remove/mute brief amounts of audio?

Easiest way to remove/mute brief amounts of audio?

Offline - Registered User
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 am Post
I'm still using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (and Steve's paperback Muvipix.com Guide); they're meeting my modest needs :)

I have a few videos that I'd like to remove/mute brief amounts (i.e., about a second or two) of audio from. What's the easiest way to accomplish this in Studio?
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: Easiest way to remove/mute brief amounts of audio?

Offline - Super Contributor
Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:43 am Post
I do that by using the envelope. Pretty sure there is info on how to do that in the help section.

Offline - Registered User
Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:24 pm Post
Thanks! I saw the references to envelopes in the Muvipix.com Guide but it wasn't clear to me if there was an easier way to remove/mute. By reviewing the pages in the Guide as well as watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnsoW2qD7QM, I was able to do it.

Offline - Super Moderator
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:26 pm Post
You can also right-click on an event on the timeline and select Ungroup. Then you can click to select the audio and delete it.

Or you can drag your media to the timeline by right-clicking on it rather than left-clicking and you'll have the option of adding only the audio or only the video.

Offline - Super Contributor
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:37 pm Post
Steve, can he remove just seconds of a longer audio by using your method? That is what I understood to be his question.

Offline - Super Moderator
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 am Post
Good point, TreeTops! In that case keyframing envelopes are far and away the best easiest solution.

Offline - Premiere Member
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm Post
There is yet another way to mute audio. Use the "Insert Empty Media" menu command. That places an empty event over the audio, effectively muting it. The video and audio need to be ungrouped (U) first. Then use the in and out markers to set the area to mute, press Shift+L to select the area if the area isn't already selected, and right-click on the audio and select Insert Empty Media.

You can delete the empty event and restore the original audio automatically.
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic