They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Need help with Menus

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Need help with Menus

Postby ekeaton40475 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:51 pm

I am new to DVD Architect Studio 5.0. I have made my menu with 18 buttons. All my chapters were flagged in Sony Vegas. When I go to preview, everything works great. At make DVD, I get these messages.
>
> "The end Action of 1. Cold and Fugue (This is my first vidoe clip) uses the most recent menu command before a menu is reached. It will link to the top menu and stop if no more menus."
> "The REmote Button of "" "" "" "" "" (same as above)
>
> I went ahead and rendered and printed to see what would happen. The was only 1. Cold and Fugue Season listed on the menu page.
>
> I have searched and read and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
>
> My Menu looked like this:
> Menu
> Menu (page 1)
> This is wereI added my project 1: 1.Cold and Fugue
> Menu
> Menu This is were I added Scene detection
> 1. Link - 1. Cold and Fugue Season (1. Cold and Fugue)
> 2. Link - 1 Cold and Fugue Saeson (2. Shine)
> All 18 links asy the same thing in front but do list all 18
> chapters
>
> What step am I doing wrong?
ekeaton40475
New User
New User

Re: Need help with Menus

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:55 pm

Hello ekeaton, Welcome to Muvipix :wcm:

I don't know about DVD Architect but wanted to welcome you to the forum.
Do you have Steve's book on DVDAS? If you do he could probably point you to a page that would answer your question.

There are many DVDAS users here there will be able to help you, including the author of the book himself :)

I hope you enjoy your time here.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ekeaton40475 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks Chuck. I just ordered the book from Amazon.
ekeaton40475
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 am

Also, when you look in the Project Overview panel, on the left, what is listed as the End Action (in green) after this video clip?

I'm not quite sure what you're describing, but if you can post a screen capture (as a JPG), we may be able to see it.

It sounds like a mis-connection between menu and button (or even a button that's not on a menu, if that's possible). But if we can see the Project Overview map, we should be able to tell. (Make sure that End Actions is turned on -- the purple button on the far top left of the panel -- so we can see what's connecting to what.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bobby » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:36 am

Hi ekeaton!

I don't use Sony Vegas, but I am wondering if the connection between that and DVDAS is causing the problem - i.e. Vegas is somehow not creating the chapter markers correctly. And I have never seen that error message.

I tend to bring my video into DVDAS and create chapter markers manually, and there is a reason for that. For example, I may have a fade in/fade out between chapters for visual appearance when viewed sequentially, but I may place an individual chapter marker after the fade in so that the video for that chapter starts immediately after the chapter button is clicked rather than the viewer see a fade in.

Have you tried setting the chapter markers manually instead of flagging them in from Vegas?
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to DVD Architect