They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVDAS menu button delayed appearance

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DVDAS menu button delayed appearance

Postby Peru » Thu May 27, 2010 3:56 pm

I am trying to use a single page turn video as the background media for a single menu project.
What I want to do is have the page turn reveal the menu and it's single "play" button.

As there is only one track in the menu, I can't put the media in an upper track and the menu in a lower track, so I intend to have the menu itself identical to what the media will look like after the page is turned.

To make this work, I need to delay the appearance of either the menu or the "play" button until after the page turn of the media, otherwise the "play" button will be visible over the background media as the page turns.

I thought I read or saw something about being able to delay the visibility of buttons, but I can't find anything in Steve's book, the tutorials, or the help.

Anybody have any ideas? :-k
Peru

Re: DVDAS menu button delayed appearance

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu May 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Peru, I believe you are thinking of transitions, where the end action of menu with a hidden button would be to activate the hidden button which would then link to the next menu. You would activate the hidden button at the end of the page turn which would link to the next menu with the buttons.

I don't think you can do that with DVDAS.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 27, 2010 6:34 pm

As Robert says, you can't create the effect in DVD Architect. But you can use a clip as a transitional clip between menu pages, if that's what you're trying to do.

You can also delay the appearance of your menu buttons using the Loop Point, which appears as a green vertical line on the timeline of any video or audio clip you're using as a menu page background.

I don't think you'll need to use a Loop Point, though, if your page turn is a separate clip. (You'd have to create the page turn in a program like Premiere Elements.) To use a clip as a transition, you just put it between menu a menu button and a menu page on the Project Overview.

Does that help?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Thu May 27, 2010 7:25 pm

I'll play with those ideas, thanks. :tup:
Peru

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri May 28, 2010 12:47 am

Now that I've had a chance to play with this in DVDAS, I see that the Loop Point is where the buttons and text appear. Up until the Loop Point, only the background video is displayed. After the Loop Point, the background video is still going AND the buttons and text are also displayed. So you CAN do what you want to do in DVDAS.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Peru » Fri May 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Yes, I found that after I played with the green verticle line.
I think that is what I remembered seeing somewhere. \:D/

When I get it fine tuned I'll see if I can put it in the gallery.
Peru

Return to DVD Architect