They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Architect Studio problem

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Re: Architect Studio problem

Postby JohnnyO » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 am

I also had a problem using DVDAS initially. It was not intuitive and took way too much time to learn. Time I did not have.

Than came Steve's book. I havesince produced the best menus ever using DVDAS. I highly recommend Steve's book.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby jan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:26 am

Paul LS wrote:Sony Vegas and DVD Architect are powerful programs but I find them not so intuitive to use as Premiere Elements. Regarding the gaussian blur, you can apply this in Vegas, no need to go back to your photos in Photoshop. Also are you judging the flicker on your TV or in the preview window, if in the preview window you could be seeing interlacing which not be apparent on your TV.

Hi,
The flicker is in both preview AND on the real TV; but was lessened some by the Reduce Interlace Flicker.
The wierd thing is that the Menu Page CREATED by Architect flickers too! Seems to me that this implies the source of flicker infects everything in the project; ergo, the source must be eliminated rather than trying to superficially fix it. This makes me wonder if my first observation was correct, that the flicker started when sound was added. Kind of like a sound cable can interfer with a picture if it is not grounded or insulated right. If sound is the problem. If so, changing it to Stero vs. Surround will not fix it. As much as I hate the thought, what about adding the voice to the slideshow back in Photoshop? (I do have my sounds numbered sequenctially.) Yuk.

Jan
jan
New User
New User

Postby jan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Flicker is present in Architetc's Preview as well as a TV screen. I am told that Making the Movie with a very slow speed will fix the flicker.
But, I can not find that option in Sony Vegas. I guess this question should go out to a different Board Index unless any of you know. Help has directions for CD but not DVD's.
Jan
jan
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:09 pm

jan wrote: I am told that Making the Movie with a very slow speed will fix the flicker.

The only speed option I know of would be in DVD Architect Jan. Setting the burn speed to something slower, like 4x might work. But I have never heard of that solving a flickering problem, but I guess you never know. If I got the wrong idea someone will correct me I'm sure :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:50 am

I can't see how burning slower would affect flickering (which is function of interlacing vs fine linear detail in the footage).
Bob

Postby jan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:50 am

Flicker is gone, thanks Paul.
The faces and Pedigree Charts(typed words) in my Family Geneology Program no longer flicker. I used the Reduce Interlace Flicker which helped some, but had to add a .001 Gaussian Blur. I will complete the project this way but also consider a second method which I will present to the community elsewhere. Afterall, this is a video with fine detail which is truely should be clear i.e. Pedigree Charts and if I can get a video with clarity I will invest a bit more time and energy, but not finances.

Thanks everyone for the help in getting this version to the point I can finish it now.
Jan
jan
New User
New User

Previous

Return to DVD Architect