They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

question about trial version of Sony DVD Architect

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

question about trial version of Sony DVD Architect

Postby spressman » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi all.

I've just downloaded the trial version of Sony DVD Architect 4.5, which is my first experience with the software. I generally understand how it works, but I'm wondering if the trial version allows for things like fading in/out of menu buttons and keyframing button motion. I found a tutorial on YouTube for fading buttons in and out, but the options don't seem to appear on the trial version. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

I'm sure I'll go ahead and purchase the software (in which case, I'm also sure I'll buy Steve G's book). But I just wanted to make sure that it's capable of things like fading and keyframing text and menu buttons.

thanks,
steve
spressman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: question about trial version of Sony DVD Architect

Postby Bobby » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:58 am

HI Steve. I never spent much time with the trial, so I can't answer your question.

But keyframing is something that I don't think DVDSA does (at least I haven't found it #-o ). But I am not sure of what effect you are trying to achieve. Generally you can have some video before the menu and then the menu itself. The menu buttons in the menu itself tend to be static, except that you can control the highlighting when the user selects that button.

Please post that tutorial so I can take a look at it, and perhaps some more info on the effect you are trying to do.
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 am

I agree with Bobby. Keyframing and transitions like fade out -- at least not as they exist in Premiere Elements -- are not a part of DVD Architect Studio.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby spressman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 am

Here's the YouTube clip I found that shows how to fade in menu buttons in DVD Architect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc3GaZ0CXvs

I was under the impression that DVD Architect allows for things like text (as well as menu buttons) to both fade in and move on the screen. What I'm trying to create, for example, is an opening menu page where the main title will fade in and perhaps begin on the right side of the screen and then move across until it's centered on the screen -- effects like that. Ditto for titles and menu buttons, say, on a "bonus features" page.

Is it possible that effects of that nature are only possible using the pro version of either DVD Architect or another comparable DVD authoring program?

thanks,
steve
spressman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Bobby » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:08 pm

I don't have my video PC running right now, but that feature looks like something only in the Pro version, which I have no familiarity with.

Any animation, etc. I have done was by creating the entire effect in PRE, exporting the AVI, and then using that AVI as a video before the menu, or as a menu background.

EDIT: I fergot, when dealing with DVDSA I export as .MOV, I think. Again, I don't have the proper PC on and I am in and out today, but I think it is MOV.

We need a DVD Architect person!
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby spressman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Thanks, Bobby. I'll play around with creating AVI files in PE and using those for background in DVD Architect. That probably will achieve at least most of what I'm trying to accomplish (though I'd still like to figure out those fade-in buttons!).

best,
steve
spressman
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Yep. Crop & Adjust is not a tool on the Studio version.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect