They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sony DVD Architect 4

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Sony DVD Architect 4

Postby Bob D » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:33 pm

I'm about to try Sony Architect 4. I started reading the manual that came with it. Unfortunetly it doesn't come with a magnifying glass as well! :shock:

Does anyone know of some sites that may have tutorials on this product - free, of course!

BobD
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:52 pm

Sony DVD Architect 4 comes with its own tutorials. When you first start it up there is a window called "Show Me How." Have you been through those tutorials?
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Clayton » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:57 pm

Bob, I did a search for tutorials on this and didn't come up with much. I saw mentioned several times "show me" tutorials, but it appeared to be included with the product. I am curious to how you rate this as I have been considering it also. :-D
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob D » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:58 pm

No. I just installed it yesterday. I saw and figured out how to have it play a clip before the menu started, but that was it. I figured in my down time at work I might be able to learn some more, before going home and using it. I'll look for the "Show Me How" function tonight.

Thanks!
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:03 pm

You could always read the Sony forums. I refused to agree to their terms of use, so I'm not a member of their forum.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob D » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:38 am

OK so I played with this stuff last night. I think since PE handles Menus and submenus so well for the user, that I feel totally inadequate here. I tried using the "show me" feature, which still has a small font, but it didn't make things much clearer for me.

I guess I was hoping for a "Chuck-like" tutorial on the basic set up of menu and sub menus.

A couple of questions:

1. Do you have a link for the sony forum? I couldn't find one.
2. If I read the instructions correctly the file format to link to from the submenus (or menu) is to be Mpeg2. What export option from PE gives me that?

At this point you're asking yourself "Why did he buy this product?". My main reason was to use the feature that plays a clip prior to the main menu being displayed (being on sale didn't hurt either). That feature is pretty straight forward. It's the rest of the stuff I feel like an idiot on. Of course, by the time I figure this out PE4 will be out and be bug free and do exactly what I want! :-D

Bob D
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:58 am

Here is the Sony DVD Architect forum:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/for ... ForumID=22
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:37 pm

Thanks Steve.

Did you know that you can drag and drop that link to your desktop and a shortcut will be created. You'll be asked if "you want to move or copy files from this zone." Just click Yes. You can actually do that with any of the links. You can also right-click the link and add it to Favorites.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:13 pm

If you have the DVD Architect "Studio" 4.0 version, you might be able to get some information reading the manual of the "pro" version. The studio version seems to have only a quick start guide.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dow ... SerialNum=

I have just the studio version. Somehow I find that using DVD Architect Studio 4.0 to burn Premiere Elements folders is easier than using Nero or Sonic.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to DVD Architect