They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Happy with DVDAS

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Happy with DVDAS

Postby Bobby » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:00 am

I have now used DVDAS for a couple of projects, and I find that I am quite pleasantly surprised and pleased with it. Although I find some things not fully intuitive (i.e. I would have designed them differently :) ) overall it is very comfortable to use.

I especially like the features that give me more control and flexibility, such as control of key actions (suppressing the Menu key during my standard pre-menu intro) and being able to add more complex menu structures, such as adding an "Info" button to the main menu which explains the origins of the DVD and when it was produced.

It has worked 100% with no issues or problems, and it seems quite fast.

The only drawback in my workflow is setting of Chapter/Scene markers. When I was assembling my DVD in PRE, I would just have to tab to the next scene and hit the Add Scene Marker button. Now I have to manually search through the video and manually place them. On the other hand, since I am importing MPEG into DVDAS this is probably a good thing as I can shift the marker to be in an i-frame (orange instead of yellow) rather than take the program's selection.

The only thing I am concerned about for the future is that a version will be available when I am ready to start producing Blu-Ray. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I understand that the Pro version (sells only with Vegas) does have that support.

Anyhow, highly recommended - and don't forget Steve's book!
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Happy with DVDAS

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:13 am

Thanks for the plug, Bob!

DVD Architect Studio has also become my main tool for authoring DVDs. And, if the next generation adds BluRay support, it will be just about perfect!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:06 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:....if the next generation adds BluRay support, it will be just about perfect!

I usually use Encore but purchased DVDAS to help with a specific issue that I was having. I was extremely disappointed when I learned that BD support was not included - that was the area in which I was having a problem. As BD was a Sony inititive then, hopefully, this will be remedied in DVDAS very soon.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby RJ Johnston » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:24 am

BD is supported in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9 Platinum. You can burn a BD without a menu.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:52 am

Unfortunately, that bundle costs about $500 more than Architect Studio...
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Paul LS » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:06 am

Robert is refering to the Movie Studio 9 Platinum version in which you can burn a simple Blu-ray disc from the timeline but without menu.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to DVD Architect