They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

End action

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

End action

Postby super8guy » Sat May 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Hello,
Once the final scene (#19 of the 19 scenes on the disk w/ menus) completes it's play (the end of the scene) it reverts back to the menu page it's on, not the first menu which has a purple star (icon) on it in the project overview window. It would like the "end action" to revert back to the "parent" menu page. I have tried a bunch of approaches and am using Steve's DVD AS 5.0 guide all w/o joy. I'd appreciate your suggestions.

I am editing w/ MS Platinum 14.0 Build 122, (which now links directly to DVD Architect.)
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Re: End action

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat May 27, 2017 5:12 pm

Have you opened the movie in DVD Architect and set its End Action to the menu page you want it to go to?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby super8guy » Sat May 27, 2017 5:38 pm

Steve Grisetti wrote:Have you opened the movie in DVD Architect and set its End Action to the menu page you want it to go to?

On the Menu Page Properties, there are three selectable end action command possibilities: Hold, Loop, Activate Button which activates a drop down menu w/ a time choice and button link selection. (I've tried most of the button link suggestions, all of which don't work, and I'm back to the page I'd don't want to link to.

and Yes, the movie w/ menus opens automatically in DVD Architect (accomplished by Build 122. I no longer have to manually render to separate MPEG-2 and .ac3)

Regardless of what I change End Action to, the end of the movie reverts to it's own page, not the "parent" page (the one w/ the purple star icon.)
Panasonic AG-AC130A, Sony HDR-SR11, Garmin Virb, Dji Osmo Action, and Contour video cameras, VEGAS Pro 16.0 i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7GHz, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 Home Premium 64 bit,
super8guy

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat May 27, 2017 9:22 pm

I don't know why that would be.

You are sure you have the movie itself open in the Workspace panel when you set the End Action, right?

Can you post a screen capture so I can see what's in the Workspace panel and what your Media Properties End Action is set to?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby super8guy » Sun May 28, 2017 6:29 am

Nevermind!
super8guy

Postby super8guy » Sun May 28, 2017 6:41 am

screen shot DVDA.jpg
Steve Grisetti wrote:I don't know why that would be.

You are sure you have the movie itself open in the Workspace panel when you set the End Action, right?

Can you post a screen capture so I can see what's in the Workspace panel and what your Media Properties End Action is set to?

Sure, disregard my previous post, b/c I believe I figured it out after a fashion.

The last button in the lower right is "Bows" which is the end of the play. Once it's over, I'd like the End Action to be to revert to the "parent" screen which is the first screen to appear once the DVD is inserted. How to get this done, I believe it is possible, I just haven't come up w/ the correct command.

Thank-you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
super8guy

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 28, 2017 7:12 am

The main thing to note is that you don't have your MOVIE open in Workspace panel. You have the menu page open. So the End Action you're setting is for your menu page -- not for your movie.

Go to your main menu page and double-click the play button that launches your movie. This will open your movie in the Workspace panel and on your timeline. You will then set the End Action in the Media Properties panel. (Not the Menu Page Properties, as your screen capture shows.)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby super8guy » Sun May 28, 2017 8:20 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:The main thing to note is that you don't have your MOVIE open in Workspace panel. You have the menu page open. So the End Action you're setting is for your menu page -- not for your movie.

Go to your main menu page and double-click the play button that launches your movie. This will open your movie in the Workspace panel and on your timeline. You will then set the End Action in the Media Properties panel. (Not the Menu Page Properties, as your screen capture shows.)

Worked like a charm and I learned something new, something I was unable to ferret out on my own. A bigly THANK YOU! :exc:
super8guy

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun May 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Glad you're up and running again, Super8guy.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect