They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Architect Studio 5 program

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DVD Architect Studio 5 program

Postby AVITRY » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:57 pm

I've been loading software into my new computer, and this last one was DVD Arch vers. 4.5 as I always do, I look for any updates. I found one that went to 4.5d so I downloaded it.

I was hoping to find (cheapo that I am) an upgrade to vers. 5 [-( Anyway, I'm learning lots of new things that will help bring me back up to date. The least of which wasn't that Sony sold most of their stuff to Magix. That was interesting.

Anyway, I did a little web search for what was updated in vers. 4.5d and found a lot of questions about burning dvd issues with that build.

So, I would like to ask, is or was vers. 5 an update from vers. 4.5d? As I recall vers. 5 was mostly an inclusion of Blue Ray, but ... if it's true that this update I just downloaded presents it's own set of DVD burning issues, maybe I should spring for ver. 5

What do you guys think?

edit**** Another thing is I bought Steve's book on vers. 4.5 and I'm assuming there must have been enough difference to write vers. 5 book, or was it just an addendum? Cause I'll purchase that again as well if needed.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: DVD Architect Studio 5 program

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:24 pm

DVD Architect Studio 4.5d is the last release of version 4. Version 5 mainly added Blu-Ray capability. If you don't need to produce Blu-Ray discs, Version 4.5d is quite adequate. I have DVD Architect Studio 4.5d and I've had no problems creating DVD discs. Do keep in mind that other factors such as burner firmware, system patches, and other installed software can cause issues burning discs so I can't say that your experience will be the same as mine.
Bob

Postby vkmast » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Bob's most likely correct in his post.

Here's the current general state of affairs though as I see it.
The Sony/SCS release notes of DVD Architect Studio 5.0 are still here
http://download.sonymediasoftware.com/r ... readme.htm

DVD Architect Studio 5.0 was what SCS used to call an upgrade. DVD A Pro 4.5 to 5.0 may have been a free update, but I don't think Studio had that, so it needed to be purchased.
The former Vegas/Movie Studio product line including DVD Architects is not available from Sony Creative Software any more.
The MAGIX site has currently this info:
"VEGAS DVD Architect is currently not available on vegascreativesoftware.com.
We're working on making this product available within the next weeks.
"
Note that vegascreativesoftware.com is part of MAGIX.
That site has the Magix-branded new build of Movie Studio Platinum 13 available. According to their site's product pages it should include DVD Architect Studio. If you have an SCS product serial number, you might be able to find a "cheapo" way to upgrade to MAGIX VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum 13 here https://support2.magix.com/customer/vegas/upgrade

http://download.sonymediasoftware.com/current/ still has the link to download (Sony) DVD A Studio 5 (among others), but you need a serial number anyway and probably a workaround at the moment to get it registered and working.
vkmast

Postby AVITRY » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks much all.
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen/3 motherboard. Core i7 2600 and 16 gigs of ddr3. SSD Crucial boot drive, GTX750 Ti video card. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
AVITRY
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:13 pm

DVD Architect Studio 5 is still being sold in stores including Amazon.com ($33). Magix is supposed to have transparently taken over registration from Sony. This was a significant acquisition for Magix. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate it into their other offerings. I expect it will be a while yet before the dust settles.
Bob

Postby vkmast » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:39 am

Bob wrote:--- Magix is supposed to have transparently taken over registration from Sony. This was a significant acquisition for Magix. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate it into their other offerings. I expect it will be a while yet before the dust settles.

Indeed. https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/ ... x--103156/
"The rework is still ongoing".
vkmast

Return to DVD Architect