They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DVD Architect Grayed Out For Finish Button

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DVD Architect Grayed Out For Finish Button

Postby mikesteve » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:05 pm

I used SVMS 13 Suite to make my movie. I clicked make movie which rendered it and I chose DVD with Menus. When it was done I clicked the send to DVD Architect. DVD Architect opened, I added a few buttons my next step was to burn to disk. I used a 4.7gb disk and the movie was only 100mb. As I went through the dialog box I prepared the movie first which worked fine. I then went back and clicked burn, selected prepared movie and clicked next. I was unable to go any farther. The next and finish buttons were grayed out.

I have never had this happen before. I ended up burn the movie from SVMS without menus. The movie plays fine, but I want the menu screen on the DVD. Any ideas on what to do? I also previewed the movie in Architect and it played fine. I noticed under disk type it said-unsupported and disk type unknown. I am using Sony dvd-r disks. I have attached a screen short of the dialog box.

Thanks,

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikesteve
New User
New User

Re: DVD Architect Grayed Out For Finish Button

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Hard to say without looking at all the screens on the way to this one -- but indications are that either you've got:
* No disc in your drive
* A disc in your drive that already has data on it
* The wrong format of disc in your drive (ie DVD+R in a DVD-R drive -- least likely since this appears to be a "super drive" capable of burning any DVD or BluRay format)

The big flags are the Unknown media Type and Unsupported Disc Status on this screen.

In short, have you tried a fresh disc? Or, if you're burning to a DVD-RW, have you given the disc a complete formatting?
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby mikesteve » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:55 pm

The drive does burn blu-ray and regular disks. The disk is a Sony 4.7gb. I kept the disk in the drive and went back to SVMS and made the movie from there. The disk burned fine. So I know it isn't the disk. I wonder if DVDA is corrupted? I think I will uninstall it and reinstall it and see what happens.
mikesteve
New User
New User

Postby mikesteve » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:23 pm

I uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the same problem.
mikesteve
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:13 pm

From your screen shot I can say that it is not recognizing the disk. Do you have other disks you can try?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:27 am

Have you tried toggling the "Use legacy disc drivers" option in Options > Preferences > Burning. This option is in the later builds of DVD A Studio 5.

Note also that reinstalling does not do the same as resetting to default settings, which resets everything to the "factory default" state
https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2744/.
vkmast

Postby mikesteve » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:28 pm

I got it working. I reset the program and checked the legacy driver box under burning and it worked. I don't know what happened to change the settings. I went back and unchecked the legacy driver box and the buttons were grayed out again. I will leave it checked.

Thanks for your help!!

Mike
mikesteve
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:10 pm

Great news, Mike!

And thanks to the amazing vkmast for his/her calling it right!
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby vkmast » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:34 am

I seem to remember that this topic was one of my first issues when using DVD A Studio 5 (initial build 128). It may have been toggling the "Skip drive database..." option that solved it for me then. DVD A Studio 5 build 128 does not yet have the "Legacy disc drivers" option, the later builds do.
Note that if you are able to Prepare, you should be able to use external burning software to burn your disc from the prepared folder. Many of us do that anyway.
For your Sunday (or later) reading check this ancient thread :).

Btw, it's "him" calling ;).
vkmast

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:38 am

Thanks for clarifying, vk. You're such a valued community member here, I didn't want to risk assuming the wrong gender. ;)
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:34 pm

:TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect