They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Price reduction on Sony DVD Architect Studio

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Price reduction on Sony DVD Architect Studio

Postby Barb O » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:40 pm

I know that some people here use Sony DVD Architect Studio and others may be considering it.

Our newspaper today has a Frys Electronics ad for it that says net zero price. However $20 of the rebates are an upgrade rebate so it might actually be net $20 for a new purchase. On frys.com, there is also a price reduction that is also potentially zero and it says competitive upgrade rebate.

This appears to be version 4 - the sony site shows version 4.5 if you buy there (see https://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/sh ... 463&disp=1).
I don't know the difference between 4 and 4.5 - perhaps someone else does.

If interested, please do check the details carefully.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Price reduction on Sony DVD Architect Studio

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:54 pm

Thanks for the heads up Barb, I'm sure some of us will be taking advantage of that offer :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Barb O » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Question for anyone familiar with DVD Architect Studio

- Can it take a .wmv file at its input movie to be written to the DVD?

I can't tell from the Sony site and right now I was working a thread from the Adobe Photoshop Elements forum where a PSE 5 customer has a slideshow she wants played on a TV but does not want to purchase Premiere Elements. Is DVD Architect Studio a good option at these reduced prices if there is no other software on her PC that can make a Video DVD?

Yes I know the wmv compression step does cause some loss of quality (I personally compared them) but only Premiere Elements would avoid the wmv intermediate step. Also, a wmv to Windows Movie Maker to write a DV-AVI file that is input to DVD Architect Studio would be possible. However, I have noticed that many of the Photoshop Elements people who are doing side shows don't want that many extra steps. What I had done before I had Premiere Elements running was to write to wmv then input it to a Sonic MyDVD that came with my first external DVD burner. It was usable and infinitely better than a PS Elements written VCD.
Barb O
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby larryjd1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:37 pm

I LOVE Fry's as they weekly have products like this that net out at zero. I bought Nero 7 the same way (right before they released Nero 8) but It served my needs.

Their weekly 8 page friday ad that comes in my newspaper is a highlight of my week. If you don't have them near you, you can buy from their site at http://www.frys.com as Barb mentioned.

In the case of the DVD Architect, the competetive upgrade is for a full retail (boxed or downloaded) version of the ULead Movie Factory or Roxio MyDVD.

They do repeat these "specials" as they ran this same product in early September. I had read how people were using it to augment their menus in PE but I held off then hoping that similar capabilities would be in PE4.
larryjd1
New User
New User

Return to DVD Architect