They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to make end-action go back to Scene Selection?

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

How to make end-action go back to Scene Selection?

Postby Indyman » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:50 pm

I have a video I created in Vegas, which included markers, and imported it into DVD Architect 6, creating a Menu disk. I created a scene selection menu (using the imported markers) and it works great except for one thing. When each chapter/scene is done playing, I want it to go back to the Scene selection menu, but the video just continues on to the next chapter. Does this only work when each chapter is a separate media file? I read somewhere about setting In and Out points but I cant get that to work for each chapter (region) as it only lets me create one In and Out point for the entire media file. Am I missing something or is this even possible in DVDA? My first post - thanks for your help!
Indyman
New User
New User

Re: How to make end-action go back to Scene Selection?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Welcome to Muvipix.com!

Unfortunately, no DVD program that I'm aware of will do that. DVDs inherently go to a scene and then play through the rest of the movie.

About the only way around that is to create each "scene" as a separate movie and then arrange them as a Playlist in DVD Architect.

If your viewer clicks the Playlist, the whole movie plays. If your viewer chooses a scene, only that scene plays and then the viewer is taken back to the menu page.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Indyman » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi Steve - thank you for the quick response! Now that you say that I guess that is the typical behaviour of commercial DVD's as well. OK so I could always do as you suggest and make separate files for each chapter but that's more trouble than its worth for what I'm doing. thanks again - Indy
Indyman
New User
New User

Postby Bob » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:44 pm

You don't have to make separate files. You can add the same file multiple times and change the In and Out points for each separate occurrence. Edit the button text and edit the button properties to set the poster frame. Adding multiple copies of the same video will not increase the size written to the DVD.

multiple_in_outs.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:14 am

Good point, Bob!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Indyman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:18 pm

Thanks Bob - I'll have to try that!
Indyman
New User
New User

Return to DVD Architect