They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Workflow question

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Workflow question

Postby SWard » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:29 am

I'm getting an "undetermined" error when I'm trying to prepare a video and am wondering how I should change my workflow to get it to work. Here's what I've done:

Video is HD from Canon HV40 (little over an hour)
Edited it in Premiere Elements 7.0 in a HD project
Output from PRE - I think it was a mpeg, but I'm at work now and can't remember exactly
Brought that into DVD Architect and created my menu & scene menus
Try to Prepare the video and it says it will take 8 hours, but errors at 7.5 hours

I'm only going to burn it to a DVD (no blue-ray burner or player yet) using IMGBurn. I'm wondering when it should be down-converted from HD to standard? When I output from PRE or from DVDAS? Or if I'm doing anything else wrong.

In the past (with the same length of video), I burned the movie directly to DVD from PRE and it worked fine so if I can't get this working I'll do that again, but I like the personal menu I made in DVDAS. This is a video of my nephews' middle school play and they are anxious to view it - and so are their friends/fellow cast members.

Thanks for any input,
Sue
Dell XPS 600; PentiumD Processor 930 w/ Dual Core (3.0 GHz,800 FSB); 2Gb RAM; 256Mb Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX Video; 500Gb Performance RAID 0; 250Gb Serial ATA HD (Internal); 500Gb WD External; 1TB WD External; XP Media Center 2005 Ed SP2
SWard
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Workflow question

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:29 pm

You should output a DVD quality MPEG from your Premiere Elements project, Sue. It should output a 720x480 MPEG video.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby SWard » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:27 am

I looked last night and I had created an m2t file. I saw Steve's reply so I created an mpeg out of PRE and used that to replace the m2t file in DVDAS and prepared it again. It errored again with an "undetermined" error, but this time it did it in less than an hour so I think I've got the workflow right. Now I need to figure out the error. I decided to defrag the computer last night - especially after I deleted the m2t file (it was huge) and so I'll try figuring out the error tonight. I did have one message before it started preparing - something about overlapping links (I think) so that's one thing to fix.

Thanks Steve!

Sue
Dell XPS 600; PentiumD Processor 930 w/ Dual Core (3.0 GHz,800 FSB); 2Gb RAM; 256Mb Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX Video; 500Gb Performance RAID 0; 250Gb Serial ATA HD (Internal); 500Gb WD External; 1TB WD External; XP Media Center 2005 Ed SP2
SWard
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 am

Try doing a Save As to save your DVD Architect project with a different name, in a new folder on your hard drive. And make sure you also choose a fresh location for your Prepared Files. That way the new files don't bump into the old.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect