They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Media Preview Size On Menu Button

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Media Preview Size On Menu Button

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:19 am

I've added a button to my main menu which allows for media to be added as a preview. In particular, the button looks like this:

Button.jpg

However, I find that the preview is not the dimensions of the original video. It's "zoomed in" a very significant amount, making the preview rather worthless. Is there a way to control this size and return the preview to the original zoom? I've tried changing the button size itself, but that has no effect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Re: Media Preview Size On Menu Button

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 pm

You need to resize the Frame and Mask in Photoshop or other editor.

First, in DVDAS, go to the Options menu, and on the Video tab, enter the path to Photoshop.exe or other editor.

In DVDAS, select the button on the menu, then go to the Properties panel and click the Media tab. From there you can select to edit the Frame or Mask. When you select to edit, the Frame or Mask will open up in Photoshop. You would need to expand the white area of the mask. Then for the frame you would need to increase the horizontal and vertical width of the entire image by a certain percentage, say 130%. Save both the frame and mask to new PNG files. Back in DVDAS, in the Properties panel on the Media tab, use the options to replace the Frame and Mask with the ones you created in Photoshop or other editor. You'll have to play with it to get the correct sizes.

Your other alternative is to just create a very low resolution thumbnail video so that the image fits within the frame. You will have to zoom-out on the video in Premiere Elements or other video editor, so there will be black borders. After creating the Thumbnail video, you can go back to DVDAS on the Media tab of the Properties panel and replace the Thumbnail video.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Media Preview Size On Menu Button

Postby Dave McElderry » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:30 pm

Wow. I had just given up that I was going to get an answer on this, and you come up with the exact process. I will definitely be playing with this tomorrow. You never cease to amaze, RJ. Thanks!
:tx:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Return to DVD Architect