They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DCDAS vs Encore CS5

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

DCDAS vs Encore CS5

Postby Clayton » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:32 pm

I know there is a lot of praise for DVDAS here at muvipix, but I wondered with the newer versions of PPro/Encore do users that are familar with both still prefer DVDAS? And why?
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: DCDAS vs Encore CS5

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Well, that's not really a fair comparison, Clayton. DVD Architect Studio is a consumer product while Encore is designed for pros.

A fairer comparison would be the pro version of DVD Architect Studio and Encore.

That said, I still love DVD AS! I don't do things like add optional subtitles or alternate audio tracks to my DVDs or add terribly sophisticated animation between my menu pages -- so it does everything I could ever ask for!

So I guess it all depends on what you want and need in a disc authoring program.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:17 am

I can safely say that if I was still using PrEl then I would definitely still be using DVDAS. But as I now use PPro as part of the Production Premium CS5 suite I use Encore as it is part of the bundle.

I sold my version of DVDAS (plus Steve's book) on ebay where there was fierce bidding. Which, perhaps, demonstrates that either DVDAS is a very popular product and rightly so - giving so much for such a modest cost - or that Steve's book is a key selling point for DVDAS. :-D
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:58 am

Wow! Really? That's cool!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Clayton » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks guys. I don't plan on anything fancy either Steve. I am just looking for the simplicity and ease of use. It is easy to send sequences to encore from Ppro, but I was wondering if it is easier to set multiple sub menus with DVDAS. Sorry for the late response, I've been on a cruise. :yh:
Clayton
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to DVD Architect