They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

best AVCHD render for DAS?

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

best AVCHD render for DAS?

Postby CenVillager » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:04 am

I am using Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10 to edit AVCHD video. VMS tells me the original video is 1280 x 720 29.97p
VMS easily uploads the video to YouTube as 720p HD (after rendering it) where it looks great.

My question is what setting should I use in VMS to render it for use in DVD Architect Studio 5. I have tried various VMS settings but DAS always tells me it has to rerender the video. The resulting DVD looks very blotchy and unusable.

There has got to be at least one render setting in Vegas Movie Studio 10 that makes the video ready for DAS without DAS rerendering.

I am willing to rerender in DAS, if necessary, as long as the resulting DVD looks clear and sharp, but I'd prefer skipping the rerender, of course.

Can anyone tell me the best VMS setting?

I am experienced with earlier versions of Vegas but a novice at DAS.

If you need me to list all the various Vegas Render As types and templates, I will.

Thanks.
CenVillager
New User
New User

Re: best AVCHD render for DAS?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:10 am

It depends on whether you're going to outputting a DVD or a BluRay disc, Cen!

But the easiest solution is to just use Make Movie/Burn DVD or BluRay to output your file. This will create an optimized video that will load right into DVD Architect Studio!

There's no value in forcing an AVCHD file into DVD AS. The program will just need to transcode it to a DVD or BluRay file anyway.

Welcome to Muvipix by the way!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby CenVillager » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:40 pm

That worked!

I saw that Vegas created m2t files of the videos which I then opened in DVD A.

But I noticed that in Optimize there were no checkmarks next to the filenames as I saw in the Tutorial for files that did not need recompressing. My test videos were brief so I don't know if compression took place in DVD A.

However, the videos burned to DVD (not Blu-ray) and look clean on a large TV screen. That was my goal. Now I can post high image quality videos to YouTube from Vegas and burn clean DVDs, both from my AVCHD files.

Thanks also for the excellent free three tutorials. They took me from being thoroughly overwhelmed by DVD A to being able to use the program to build menus and submenus.

I look forward to exploring the Muvipix website and learning much more about DVD A.

Thanks.
CenVillager
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14 pm

We love success stories here, Cen!

And, of course, if you want to master these programs, we offer some excellent books on both DVD Architect Studio and Vegas Movie Studio HD!
http://Muvipix.com/dvdas5.php
http://Muvipix.com/vms11.php
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect