FAQSearch

Previous topic | Next topic
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]

DVD Architect or Adobe Encore

DVD Architect or Adobe Encore

Offline - Super Contributor
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:50 am Post
Team,
I have access to Adobe Encore CS6, but I was wondering if it was worthwhile to pick up DVD Architect. I am working on a project with a lot of stills. I wanted to create an EXTRAS section to allow the user to index through the pictures one by one while they are watching and talking. Seems like I remember doing this in an earlier version of DVD Architect. Maybe version 4. I have not tried it in Encore. Any recommendations/insights?

Also, is DVD Architect available separately? Looking at their website it looks like it is for $99.00. Seems like I remember it being cheaper, but who knows, maybe my failing memory. Occasionally I think it is 1972 again.

Thanks,
-Vernon
Last post Reply with quote 

Re: DVD Architect or Adobe Encore

Offline - Moderator
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:13 am Post
As far as I know (but please confirm before purchase) there is now no "Studio" version of DVD Architect - meaning you always get the pro version.

If you watch the deals on the Vegas store then there are often discounts. For example today DVD Architect is $99.99 but Movie Studio Platinum - which includes DVD Architect - is $79.99.

Offline - Moderator
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:19 am Post
DVD Architect Studio 5.0 is still available as a download. I know Amazon has it at $39.95. I’m not sure exactly what functions you need for browsing photos, but maybe just a slideshow and the pause button on your DVD/Blu-Ray player when you need more time on a particular one? I have no experience with Encore.

Offline - Super Contributor
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 am Post
Thanks for the replies. I am not ready for the menus just yet. I am still re-learning editing and other lost skills. I have decided to go the subscription root with Adobe and that means Premiere Pro. However, they have the older version of Encore. It seems that people have moved away from disks. Actually, I am starting to think people have moved away from our hobby altogether. Compared to earlier years, the forums are unusually quiet.

Thanks again,
-Vernon
Top Reply with quote 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
Previous topic | Next topic