They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Creating Subtitle Buttons

A new addition to Muvipix, with support and discussion of Sony's DVD Architect Studio.

Creating Subtitle Buttons

Postby BobH » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:27 am

Hi there, In DVD Architect 7 I have added a subtitle track and added a few subtitles. When the DVD or Blu-ray is created the user can use the remote to turn on or off the subtitles. What I would like to do is add buttons to a menu page for the user to turn on or turn off the subtitles directly without having to use the DVD remote to do this, but I am not sure how to go about this. Can someone please help me here or point me to a video which illustrates the method required.
Thanks
BobH
BobH
New User
New User

Re: Creating Subtitle Buttons

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:14 am

I actually cover that in the "Muvipix.com Guide to DVD Architect" book, Bob.

You need to create a null button or a button not connected to anything (by going to the Buttons menu and selecting the Insert Button option) then, with the button selected, you got to the Button Properties' Action page and link to your video and subtitle track.

It's pretty simple, if you understand how Actions work. But the book does take you step by step through the process.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BobH » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:20 am

Hello Steve and thank you for your reply. I actually have your "The Muvipix.com Guide to DVD Architect Studio 5.0", but is the guide you mention a different book? If so can you give me a link to where I might purchase this?

Thanks again
BobH
BobH
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:56 am

Yes. Alternative video and audio tracks as well as subtitles are features that are only available in the full version of DVD Architect -- not the Studio version.

Since taking over the Vegas line, Magix has discontinued the Studio version of DVD Architect, and now gives away the full, pro version with Movie Studio 14 Platinum. (You can also buy DVD Architect 7 for $99 -- but it's a much better deal to buy Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 for $79.99 and get DVD Architect 7 free, IMHO.)

My new book for DVD Architect covers these new, professional features.
http://muvipix.com/vms14.php
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby BobH » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 am

Hi Steve and once again thank you for your prompt reply.
Some years ago I upgraded from Movie Studio to the Pro version of the software and I have a copy of both DVD Architect Pro 6.0 and DVD Architect 7. I am not sure if there is any difference between these two. So I have just ordered your new book as I hope to create subtitle tracks and also alternative audio tracks in the future. I have found your guides very clear and helpful and I feel sure this will be the same.

Best wishes
BobH
BobH
New User
New User

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 pm

DVD Architect 7 is virtually identical to DVD Architect Pro 6, Bob. But with some bugs worked out.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to DVD Architect