They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Problems handling Disc Menus

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Problems handling Disc Menus

Postby Jordanmphoto » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Steve, I've been following through Chapter 17. I had already set up a Main Menu with still background from the show, so I added menu markers. PE very nicely set up two Selection Windows. I did a bunch of editing to add backgrounds, make text fit and use the fonts I wanted. Once in a while I ran the Preview with no problems. After I had it the way I wanted I did one last preview and then everything disappeared. By that I mean that when I press the Disc Menu tab I no longer see my custom menus. It takes me back to the drag templates menu as if I were just starting to create the menus. I tried toggling to one of the other tabs and coming back, but that didn't work. I tried saving the file, closing the program and then opening the file again, but now I don't even have the earlier version of the disc menu. Have I lost all of this work or is there some way I should be telling the program to show me what I have instead of the drag templates menu? If I lost the work, how do I make sure it doesn't happen again?
Desktop w/ Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20 ghz
8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 7 OS, 1 TB hard drive
NVDIA graphics card GeForce GT 220
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Re: Problems handling Disc Menus

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Never heard of that one, Jordan! Sorry. I don't think I can be of much help here. You may need to contact Adobe Tech Support.

One possible issue? A Windows update. There was one this week. (Or am I wrong to assume you're on a Windows comptuer?) Try restoring Windows to a week or so ago. If that fixes it, you'll know the cause.

BTW, if you go up the User Control Panel at the top of this forum, you can set up a "signature" for yourself. In this signature you can list your computer hardware and operating system (as I have) and even your camcorders. Then, when you have a problem, your specs appear automatically so we don't have to keep asking for them over and over again. It can be a real time saver!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:15 am

One possibility is that you accidentally clicked the "Auto-Play" button, just above the "Preview" button in the Disc Layout screen. That would clear your menu and put you back at the start. If that happens, press CTRL-Z to undo the accident.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jordanmphoto » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:26 pm

RJ Johnston wrote:One possibility is that you accidentally clicked the "Auto-Play" button, just above the "Preview" button in the Disc Layout screen. That would clear your menu and put you back at the start. If that happens, press CTRL-Z to undo the accident.

That is a distinct possibility, RJ. I have been known to click the wrong button. Unfortunately it's too late for an undo, as I've already saved and exited the file. But thanks, maybe I'll learn not to do that again!
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Postby Jordanmphoto » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Since this falls in the same subject category, I'll list my next disc menu problem here.

I finished my first video (YAY!) and successfully made some DVD's and Blue Rays. The only problem was the background on the disc menu title. I used a template which allows you to change the background to a bitmap image. I loaded a photo and it is displayed in the preview for the disc menu. However, when I make a disc it reverts back to the graphic in the template. Does anyone have any insight into that?
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:22 pm

There are some templates that this is known to happen to. Hopefully, it will be addressed in the next version of the program.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 am

I seem to remember that if you turn the bmp into a video, and use the video as the background, then the video will stay put.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to PRE Version 9