They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to Free up "System Resources"

Specific to Premiere Elements Version 9.

Re: How to Free up "System Resources"

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 am

Anything here provide further insight?

http://graemeh.wordpress.com/2010/09/21 ... r-editing/
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Bob » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:24 am

You should also consider installing a second hard drive in the system and place your video projects and the associated files on the second drive.
Bob

Postby Jordanmphoto » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

John 'twosheds' McDonald wrote:Anything here provide further insight?

http://graemeh.wordpress.com/2010/09/21 ... r-editing/

Wow, it really does. Thanks! That explanation fits right in with what's going on here and I happily bookmarked it. I notice the tutorial to create editable clips is applicable to Premiere Pro "(or your other chosen NLE)". Before I go out and spend a lot of time on this, can anyone tell me if this method will work with Premiere Elements? The other question is: the tutorial has us transcoding the files in PAL format. Is this a problem if your camera and everything else you've done is in NTSC? (I admit I don't understand what these two things actually mean.)

Related to this, I came to the forum this morning to report my latest discovery. I have another segment of my movie in a 5 minute file. Up to now it has given little or no trouble with speed or playback. I did an output to a high res movie format and on the big screen I didn't like one portion of a clip which was a bit jerky. I went back to the original PE file and applied the Stabilizer effect to the clip. I tried to also apply some keyframes to zoom in slightly because the stabilizer sometimes causes intrusions of black edges. The keyframes proved to be absolutely impossible to play back and test because I am now having the same problems described in this article. I am hearing the soundtrack, but the frames are "sticking" so much that I can't see if I've achieved the effect I want. I think, therefore, that Stabilizer effect is what's slowing down my other file and now this one. I am now rendering the clip, hoping I can see it better, but it takes 45 minutes. I don't know about you, but I can't drink enough coffee to wait for each one of these edits ::C . Lesson learned here is, I'm glad I bought a Glidecam after shooting these clips.

Later Note: I was absolutely right about the Stabilizer effect. I turned off the eyeball for the stabilizer in the clip's properties and now it runs just like before.
Desktop w/ Intel Core i3 550 @ 3.20 ghz
8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win 7 OS, 1 TB hard drive
NVDIA graphics card GeForce GT 220
2 back drives 1TB each
Blue Ray Burner
Jordanmphoto

Previous

Return to PRE Version 9